Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21081
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 4:56 pm
- x 8091
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
This pub rang a bell!
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
NewcastleFalcon
- Posts: 26419
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:40 am
- x 7164
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
You've had a wander off the beaten track of the A19 there
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
687 Trinity, Jersey
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21081
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 4:56 pm
- x 8091
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
Unusual pub with a castle on its roof!!
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
NewcastleFalcon
- Posts: 26419
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:40 am
- x 7164
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
The old station at Richmond is a nice place to stop off at, nice cafe and little quirky shops, bakers, brewers and ice cream makers if you were passing through
You may have driven past this Richmond attraction

Neil
You may have driven past this Richmond attraction
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
687 Trinity, Jersey
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:33 pm
- x 8378
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
We did... We only saw it when driving out of town... A place to stop next time
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
NewcastleFalcon
- Posts: 26419
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:40 am
- x 7164
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
Round the side of the Red Lion pub in Alnmouth, a nice collection of kegs
Liking unusual names, one in particular caught my eye, demanding a small trivia delve
Neil
Liking unusual names, one in particular caught my eye, demanding a small trivia delve
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
687 Trinity, Jersey
-
NewcastleFalcon
- Posts: 26419
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:40 am
- x 7164
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
This can, if you know your bridges, gives you some idea of where they are based...

Neil

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
687 Trinity, Jersey
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:33 pm
- x 8378
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
Now there's a bridge I want to see... And indeed travel across 
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21081
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 4:56 pm
- x 8091
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
Back in my stomping ground when I was working for ICI! Next trip!!!CitroJim wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:25 am Now there's a bridge I want to see... And indeed travel across![]()
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:33 pm
- x 8378
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
Magic! Yes pleasemickthemaverick wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:42 amBack in my stomping ground when I was working for ICI! Next trip!!!CitroJim wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:25 am Now there's a bridge I want to see... And indeed travel across![]()
![]()
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Onlinemyglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28677
- Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:30 pm
- x 5673
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
Me too, I pass it now and then as my eldest granddaughter lives close to it, and we used to drive past it every weekend in the eighties and nineties.
Only been on it once, in 1958-ish.
Only been on it once, in 1958-ish.
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21081
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 4:56 pm
- x 8091
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
Then you must join us on that trip when we next come to wonderland Steve 
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
Gibbo2286
- (Donor 2020)
- Posts: 8170
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:04 pm
- x 2941
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
Snap.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21081
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 4:56 pm
- x 8091
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
There is a Wales tour for Jim and I in the pipeline, maybe for next Spring, and maybe you could join us on a visit to Newport and a ride on that one Gibbo? 
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
Onlinemyglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28677
- Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:30 pm
- x 5673
Re: Pub/Cafe Gallery and the odd hotel!
Strange as it may seem, the next bridge to the Tees Transporter is the Newport Bridge.
Been on that many times when the Tees Flyover was closed.
Been on that many times when the Tees Flyover was closed.