Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Picture(s) of the day....

Post by CitroJim »

Dappled shade in Salcey Forest - a long time since we've had sunny enough weather to create such a vista!
20230810_101454.jpg
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote: 11 Aug 2023, 05:27 Dappled shade in Salcey Forest - a long time since we've had sunny enough weather to create such a vista!

Definitely a photographer's eye there Jim another quality photo. Didn't take a photo while driving last night but instead of just the same old, same old road I have driven a thousand times, I noticed the how shapes formed by the trees and the open evening sky, and the road ahead can form an interesting image. Not sure if it was one of mine or a geograph image of the day had a nice example of the patterns of fields, different crops, the relief of the land, and field boundaries can frame some nice shapes if you are tuned to notice them.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Pleased you liked that one Neil, it certainly caught my eye :)

Huge thanks to Mick today for all assistance rendered in the final push to clear my house of assorted stuff no longer wanted :) We did a supreme job of clearing my house attic and transporting a carful to the Willen Hospice depot and a carful to the tip... That's two loads to Willen and three to the tip!

Here's Sally, partially loaded for her tip trip... We squeezed loads more in later... Mick is a grand-master Tetris player and that skill was vital today :-D
20230811_104145.jpg
Yes, those are old vintage radios... A bloke at the tip claimed they were worth a fortune. They're not, unless it's a round-face Ekco... Never would I chuck anything worth serious money.

And don't worry, the PC had its hard disk removed before it went to the great datacentre in the sky ;)

So, with the greatest thanks to Chris and Mick, my house is now totally clear of unwanted and no longer needed stuff... And that's the way it's going to be from now on... I have no desire to go through all that again!

To celebrate, Mick and I went out to lunch at a pub new to both of us. It was excellent :D
20230811_124839.jpg
My favourite - fish and chips without the chips... Mick had my chips and I had his salad... A perfect arrangement :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

A POTD reflections club entry which just appeared in front of me: :-D
MTM Original
MTM Original
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Like it Mick, I enjoy a bit of creativity with our POTD's :-D

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Something Mick and I unearthed yesterday during my attic clearance...
20230812_054458.jpg
A small towel that once sat on pub bars to soak up any beer spills...

We found it in the bottom of a bag of golf clubs. It had lain there undisturbed for nigh-on 38 years... I last played golf seriously in Cyprus and the little towel had not seen the light of day since then.

A quick wash and it's come up as good as new.

It must be of tremendously good quality - possibly because of where it was made... That surprised me more than anything!
20230812_054714.jpg
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 12 Aug 2023, 05:56 Something Mick and I unearthed yesterday during my attic clearance...

Excellent, love the "Made in Lancashire" discovery :-D

Have some trivia...from wiki
Skol Lager is a lager that was developed originally by Ind Coope breweries[1] in Alloa, Central Scotland. In 1958, Graham's Continental was launched (based upon a local brew called Graham's Golden) and quickly changed to Graham's Skol to give a Scandinavian impression (the plant had actually been imported from Sweden). The name was later revised to just Skol.

Allied Breweries (UK), Labatt (Canada), Pripps-Bryggerierna (Sweden), and Unibra (Belgium) formed a new company called Skol International in 1964. Its aim was the creation of a worldwide beer brand, Skol, which could be licensed, manufactured and marketed around the world. In the late 1960s, it was heavily advertised on Dutch pirate Radio Veronica as Skol International, with an advertising jingle sung by Patricia Paay, later a very successful Dutch pop singer and TV presenter.
SKOL lager is still very popular in Brazil...and has a Formula 1 Connection...

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Interesting stuff on Skol Neil! Thanks for that :)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

No follow up from the Formula 1 fans...have to spoonfeed them.

Where was Keke Rosberg's first podium finish and which team did he drive for, and what Lager sponsored the team :?:

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I can take a hint, TOTH Keke first got on the podium in Argentina behind Alan Jones in the early 1980s. Presumably it was sponsored by Skol which would make it a Fittipaldi car sometimes known as Copersucar who were the first sponsors I believe. :?: :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The big clearour at CitroJim Towers continues apace :)

Today, I binned every bit of formal wear I had. I've not needed it and have not worn it for years so out it goes. Along with a number of neckties. I hate those especially with a passion, as I do shirts with buttons on them, jackets, formal suits and trousers that aren't made of denim...

I wear t-shirts, jeans and hoodies exclusively these days when not running or cycling... I do have a black tee and black jeans should I need to attend a formal event.

One necktie I did keep back was this one... Couldn't bear to chuck it!
20230813_102520.jpg
Unworn... Pristine condition :D
Jim

mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Three guesses what I'm up to today!! :-D
MTM Original
MTM Original
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

mickthemaverick wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 12:03 Three guesses what I'm up to today!! :-D

Taking photographs?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
bobins
Donor 2023

Post by bobins »

Avoiding all the important jobs around the house that need doing ? :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

bobins wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 13:55 Avoiding all the important jobs around the house that need doing ? :-D
There are none left bobins, hence I have time for adventure planning!! :-D