Identification.

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.
Glidezilla
Posts: 3
Joined: 02 Jul 2023, 11:22

Identification.

Unread post by Glidezilla »

What is this please, dtc U1180, not sure what this does, it's in the oil filter housing.
Attachments
20230807_165215.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_101358_Gallery.jpg
jollyfj
Donor 2024
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Nov 2022, 16:02
x 1

Re: Identification.

Unread post by jollyfj »

Glidezilla
Posts: 3
Joined: 02 Jul 2023, 11:22

Re: Identification.

Unread post by Glidezilla »

jollyfj wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 13:51 Oil pressure solenoid, I think. https://www.neobrothers.co.uk/car-parts ... 9815631580
Many thanks, I've just ordered one, I'm not exactly sure what this does, oil pressure relief valve maybe, the oil pressure and temperature switch is next to it, also oil level switch is just below it, I'm hoping a new one will fix the U1180 DTC.
jollyfj
Donor 2024
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Nov 2022, 16:02
x 1

Re: Identification.

Unread post by jollyfj »

Some parts place refer to it as a valve control solenoid, so I'm thinking it's for the VVT.
Glidezilla
Posts: 3
Joined: 02 Jul 2023, 11:22

Re: Identification.

Unread post by Glidezilla »

Thanks, jollify it's a variable oil pressure solenoid depending on engine load and driving conditions, here is a video on it, albeit a Mondeo;