Dang!!! You've had a few cars!!DHallworth wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 20:23 I had a deposit on one of them but the reliability issues that people were reporting led me to asking for it back.
Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
-
Rp0thejester
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 3297
- Joined: 11 May 2022, 19:54
- x 1068
Re: Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
Ryan
'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)
Champion of Where's CitroJim
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)
Champion of Where's CitroJim
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
-
Jay-Bruce
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 544
- Joined: 20 Mar 2019, 00:30
- x 280
Re: Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
On the Ami or the Carver?DHallworth wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 20:23 I had a deposit on one of them but the reliability issues that people were reporting led me to asking for it back.
-
NewcastleFalcon
- Posts: 26419
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 10:40
- x 7164
Re: Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
Earlier in the thread I provided links to the threads on the Ami, including this one which David Hallworth started following his interest in the Ami. FCF Member Skull also had an option on one reported on the thread. Customer service was reported as being terrible. The punchline of David and Skull's interest is summarised in this post from that thread hereJay-Bruce wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 21:49On the Ami or the Carver?DHallworth wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 20:23 I had a deposit on one of them but the reliability issues that people were reporting led me to asking for it back.
My previous post on this thread
NeilNewcastleFalcon wrote: 20 Jul 2023, 11:16
From the Archives:
The history of the Ami (quadricycle) on the FCF. Some good stuff in it usual nay sayers and just a few yay sayers like yours truly! Easy enough to find you tube examples of it being pushed beyond its design limits. Its a quadricycle. Most of the reviewing journalists love it.
"The Citroen Ami" David Hallworth's thread, from just prior to when it became available in the UK (9 pages last post March 2023 and still semi-active)
Link viewtopic.php?t=66845
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
687 Trinity, Jersey
-
Jay-Bruce
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 544
- Joined: 20 Mar 2019, 00:30
- x 280
Re: Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
Thanks for the recap Niel, FWIW I once owned a Microcar Virgo, so I'm not totally quadricycle illiterate, but I am sticking to my guns, the Ami is objectively outclassed by other vehicles ostensibly in its class, such as the Microlino I mentioned earlier...
Jay-Bruce wrote: 21 Jul 2023, 12:54 https://microlino-car.com/en/microlino 230 km maximum range / 90 km/h max. speed 496 kg kerbweight, all electric?
-
NewcastleFalcon
- Posts: 26419
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 10:40
- x 7164
Re: Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
Thanks Jay. Your thread has generated some decent participation. I have followed the Microlino development for a number of years and it has been painfully slow. Originally aimed for "production" in 2018 and even now they have only produced 1000 units, and had a launch at the Paris Motor Show 2022. Plenty of interest, and yes a familiar and cute looking thing. I have given it more time in the sun on a thread I have called "Small Electric"Jay-Bruce wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 23:44 Thanks for the recap Niel, FWIW I once owned a Microcar Virgo, so I'm not totally quadricycle illiterate, but I am sticking to my guns, the Ami is objectively outclassed by other vehicles ostensibly in its class, such as the Microlino I mentioned earlier...Jay-Bruce wrote: 21 Jul 2023, 12:54 https://microlino-car.com/en/microlino 230 km maximum range / 90 km/h max. speed 496 kg kerbweight, all electric?
This was the ground floor for me when I first came across it.
NeilNewcastleFalcon wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 20:29 For a short time in the late 50's and early 60's the humble "bubble car" met a need and sold across the world in their hundreds of thousands. BMW produced 30,000 of them between 1959 and 1964 at their factory in Brighton. The Mini came along and the bubble car naturally expired.
Seeing as its Bubble Car Day (for me if no-one else) this proposal from a Swiss Firm from 2016 with 500 orders in the bag, and a production target of 2018 captured my interest. The real electric mini hasn't arrived yet in terms of a game changing electric vehicle which is affordable to the masses. (Post Script 2023..er..when the electric mini did arrive it had bloated somewhat in size and price and was anything but affordable to the masses...we still wait
)
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
687 Trinity, Jersey
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
It looks like Fiat may have copied the Ami with the Fiat Topolino.
https://www.fiat.com/fiat-topolino/topolino
https://www.fiat.com/fiat-topolino/topolino
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
Jay-Bruce
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 544
- Joined: 20 Mar 2019, 00:30
- x 280
Re: Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
Wouldn't surprise me if they've reshelled the Ami platform, as both are stellantis members, so an element of "badge engineering" is to be expected. Isn't the current fiat sports car,(124?) Just a reskinned mx5?
-
Rp0thejester
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 3297
- Joined: 11 May 2022, 19:54
- x 1068
Re: Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
Yes it is, exactly the same chassis which is quite common for car manufacturers
Ryan
'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)
Champion of Where's CitroJim
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)
Champion of Where's CitroJim
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
-
DHallworth
- (Donor 2025)
- Posts: 2436
- Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 17:05
- x 167
Re: Did Citroen just make the ugliest car ever? - discuss
Only my French ones are listed on this site… there’s quite a few that aren’t mentioned.
David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel