Audio wiring 2008 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

karul

Audio wiring 2008 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Post by karul »

I'm having some trouble with audio system in my 2008 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. Wiring diagram can help a lot. Since the electrical diagrams are vehicle specific, here is my VIN number VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
karul

Re: Audio wiring 2008 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Post by karul »

These are the fuses for the audio (radio and hi-fi amplifier). It may help someone.
There are different versions of the fuse boxes so one should check which one he have.
Attachments
f1.png
f2.png
karul

Post by karul »

I would like to check all the speakers, their connectors and wires. One of the speakers is making intermittent cut outs, but I don't know how the tweeters are connected with other speakers, they are in parallel with some of them but a wiring diagram would save me some work. Also the hi-fi amp have some chip amp IC's (TDA7575B) with integrated diagnostic and those signals goes to the BSI (Built-in Systems Interface).

I've found similar info in other topic - that the amp would not start with one of the speakers is disconnected. it's different model C5 X7 RT4, but as far as I can see the audio system is the same.
Hell Razor5543 wrote: 06 Mar 2020, 12:19 I would get the sub woofer connected as well. It would not surprise me if the system (upon running a diagnostics on start up and finding a component missing) dropped into a 'safe' mode in order to protect itself from damage. Remember, these systems are now highly integrated, and 'expect' to find everything in place.
Can someone explain me how can I get the wiring diagram for my car?
karul

Post by karul »

From the manual
Your vehicle may be equipped with a Philips Hi-Fi system, specially designed to fit in with your cabin interior.
It consists of :
- A DSP (Digital Signal Processing) high power digital amplifier,
- A low subwoofer box (30Hz – 100 Hz),
- 8 Philips-specific loudspeakers,
- an MP3 reader.
Can someone help me to locate all the speakers? There are 2 tweeters at the dashboard, 2 on the front doors, and 2 on the back doors. That would be 6. Where are located the rest of them? Where is the location of that low subwoofer box?

The factory amplifier (Philips AMP_Mux 3104 130 02703) have 5 separate outputs.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are:
2 tweeters in the dash
2 mid range in the front doors
2 mid range in the rear doors
2 tweeters in the rear doors (very small, so may not be immediately visible)
The deep tone bass speaker is under the front passenger seat, hidden away on the floor (this may be either of the front seats depending on Left / Right hand drive, but I suspect the front right seat in your case.

The amplifier is in the rear right boot side panel compartment.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The loudspeaker may also be hidden under the carpet / covering.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
karul

Post by karul »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 16:17 There are:
2 tweeters in the dash
2 mid range in the front doors
2 mid range in the rear doors
2 tweeters in the rear doors (very small, so may not be immediately visible)
The deep tone bass speaker is under the front passenger seat, hidden away on the floor (this may be either of the front seats depending on Left / Right hand drive, but I suspect the front right seat in your case.

The amplifier is in the rear right boot side panel compartment.
GiveMeABreak wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 16:23 The loudspeaker may also be hidden under the carpet / covering.
Thanks.