Ds5 sat nav

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Meercat1964

Ds5 sat nav

Post by Meercat1964 »

I have a problem with the car i bought it off a polish guy and there were no uk maps on it i could navigate to poland but nowhere else so i bought a map update for the uk off citroen upto this point i had no issues with the unit just no sat nav. I did exactly what it said but the update failed kept saying corrupt media on usb stick one so i tried usb stick two this had the maps on it but now the unit turns itself on and off saying checking media checking data you name it makes a whirring noise whilst doing so etc the screen goes blank and then comes back but then says checking
The radio wont stay on for longer than about six minutes at a time now but all was fine before i did this update. If I reinstall the usb stick it tries to install it but the radio reboots before it has chance to do so my vin no is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] any help be really appreciated regards karen
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 22 Mar 2023, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to RT6 Forum
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Ds5 sat nav

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You should leave the firmware or map update to complete - this may take up to 40 minutes and may involve one or several restarts.

If you are removing the media early then it won't complete the udpates and you will be stuck with a poorly functioning unit on one that does not work at all.

Is this just a map update you were trying to install? or a firmware update too?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Meercat1964

Post by Meercat1964 »

It was both the firmware was on stick one then the map on stick two but it gets to the part where it’s loading across the screen and the whole unit reboots itself and says check in progress then goes back to identifying media
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

First thing to do is format the USB stick again using FAT32. Then extract ONLY the firmware files onto the USB. Now ignore everything else to do with maps and just try and get the firmware installed correctly first of all.

Marc
Meercat1964

Post by Meercat1964 »

Hi there ive done that this morning and am now able to view the map update on the screen however it asks for the vin and the activation code but before i can actually enter either in full the unit reboots should i just persevere and see if i can eventually get it to enter? Sorry im not very technical really appreciate the help regards karen
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Normally when you purchase map updates from official sources (Official Citroen Navigation Website), it will go through the process of injecting the VIN and activation code into the downloaded files after you purchase the map update.

I'm assuming you may have 'acquired' the maps from non-official sources so if this is the case, so I can't help you with this for obvious reasons Karen. Otherwise the instructions are included on the website at time of purchase as to how to update. :wink:

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

I'm surprised that the installation process is asking for VIN and activation code. Normally, the RT6 unit only asks for the activation code.

Assuming you can get past the rebooting problem, you can use Mirascripts to remove the requirement for an activation code. I've done this to the eMyWay (RT6) unit on my C5X7. If you're interested in this please PM me for details.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As you can see it is part of the legitimate software protection and why we won't discuss it on the public Forum :wink:
RT6 activation.PNG

Marc