RT6 RNEG2.86.b.1 inst cluster

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Sjaar

RT6 RNEG2.86.b.1 inst cluster

Post by Sjaar »

Hei,

First of all hello to everybody.

Car is c5 x7 2012
I have a bit of an problem and i cant find a solution.
My nav part does not work on my instrument cluster, it just says "zone not mapped".

Is my software up to date or the cluster has its own software.
It doesnt show anything there, no altitude or any other things.

Where should i start, i dont have Lexia also if its required.

Also i dont know if its with all of them, but when i start up then it shows Peugeot logo on the screen

Thank you for the help.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RT6 RNEG2.86.b.1 inst cluster

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It looks like somebody has wither been changing things in the BSI or the RT6 has had a firmware update that has reverted the system back to factory settings and has lost all configuration.

Have you updated the firmware recently or have you or anyone else connected a diagnostic tool up and changed anything?

The zone not mapped means the BSI does not think there is a telematic unit installed......
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sjaar

Post by Sjaar »

Not that i know, as i got the car not that long ago(and it was like that) then no, and i have no idea what was done before.
So what is the best way to tackle this situation?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well in that case there's not a lot I can do here on a Forum, as there could be several possibilities as I mentioned. It may help though if you pop your VIN up so I can at least see what system the vehicle had at factory. (please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff).

Marc
Sjaar

Post by Sjaar »

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so just confirming you have / had a RT6 (eMyWay) system fitted at factory.

Can you confirm if the unit functions in terms of menus, and does the sat nav work on the main screen?

Marc
Sjaar

Post by Sjaar »

All the menus and functions work as far as I know. Car menu has 3 things I think(cluster) in the menu, like 3 categories
Sjaar

Post by Sjaar »

Sat nav and everything works on the main screen
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So have you tried setting a journey with the sat nav (calculating a route) just for testing, then as you come to a roundabout or turn off in the road it should then tell you of the turning in the small screen. On some countries though, it may be that there are actually unmapped zones, which would also display this message, but on major roads it should work.

I can only suggest you test it in a main area and also make sure your maps are genuine and up to date.

Marc
Sjaar

Post by Sjaar »

All that works, on cluster doesn’t have even altitude
Sjaar

Post by Sjaar »

Pic of the nav and cluster, trip and other things on cluster work
7BD4251C-7852-4500-B25D-EA8C5585FD68.jpeg
174CC2B4-B0BC-4C01-B3B2-C3B05168A0B5.jpeg
AF9EC3C8-3C09-47D2-9E77-F31C72032E00.jpeg
Last edited by myglaren on 02 Feb 2023, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images corrected
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm not sure it ever did show the altitude - it's only supposed to show the upcoming turns ets in Navigation display if I remember correctly - all the other info is on the main navigation screen.

Cycle the left thumb wheel through the displays and it should cycle through the trip counters the vehicle speed digits, navigation etc. But you have to have a route calculated on the sat nav to start with (so an active journey) to get the turn info. Mine displayed zone not mapped in certain areas because I live in the back and beyond so we have lots of unmarked roads.

So I'd check your map is up to date. Obviously coverage is better ins some countries and areas than others. I don't know exactly where you live but some areas don't have as much detail as others and if the system can't link an exact named road you can often get the zone not mapped message.

Marc
Sjaar

Post by Sjaar »

Maps are from 21 and I think I read somewhere in this forum that it should show altitude if not then it’s communication issue, but nothing is showing up on that screen. I can see the trips and speed and so, even the wierd side parking thing shows up when in use. And have driven all big roads, no small roads, and always shows the turns and exits that I need to take