405 electric sunroof

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

puc
My Cars:

405 electric sunroof

Post by puc »

Havn't used this for a while and its now stuck. It will tilt a little but not slide back. Motor seems fine. I can't see how to get any lubrication in. Can anyone explain the mechanism for these and suggest a repair procedure.
Many thanks
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Is the sunroof motor accessible? Some citroens have a cover over the motor section which holds an allen key. After disengaging a metal rod the allen key can be inserted into the centre of a spindle and used to operate the mechanism manually - this can prove better at defeating "sunroof cling" than using the electrics.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I had a couple of BXs and the sunroofs would always stick in hot weather. I found that pushing forward on the inside front as it tipped down (before sliding back) was usually enough to free it.
BXs and the early Xantias had a panel below the motor (between the sun visors) with a handle stored behind it which could be slotted in the motor. As far as I remember you had to disengage the motor to operate the handle and then had to reset everything to make the motor work again.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Silicone spray along the felt part on the runners as well as on the plastic fittings is the only stuff to use to lube a sunroof with.
Under NO circumstances should grease vaseline or graphite be used on the felt parts as it will both attract dust & moisture as well as create a "chattering" as the contaminents take hold.
Alan S