RT6 BLUETOOTH PHONE ECHO

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

stephenhollis02
My Cars: c5
xsara bx
bx
bx

RT6 BLUETOOTH PHONE ECHO

Post by stephenhollis02 »

Hello all, I have a c5x7 2013 tourer. there was an echo on handsfree phone so I had a firmware upgrade done at main dealers. it now has 2.86b. there is still an echo and after reading this forum returned to the dealers and mentioned the bluetooth calibration that is mentioned on here. The technician said he did not know of any bluetooth calibration. Can anyone please give any information on this calibration, so I can get the dealer to fix the echo.
thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RT6 BLUETOOTH PHONE ECHO

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

Ok, so the reason the technician may not be aware of it, is taht the information is contained on the actual CD Update label! First part is the update and the second part is the critical bit, which requires them to connect Diagbox and follow the instructions to apply the latest calibration file for the system.

Click Image to Zoom
rt6 cd echo label.PNG
I've written the specific part with the instructions here as the image is not very easy to read:
Mandatory

Following this upgrade, if the previous software version wasn't 2.3X or 2.7X, an update of the radio navigation system calibrations have to be done using the diagnostic tool.

In the diagnostic tool, select the 'Repair' Menu, Select the calculator (ECU) RT6, then validate. Select the Download menu, then select 'Download to a new version of calibration'.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
stephenhollis02
My Cars: c5
xsara bx
bx
bx

Post by stephenhollis02 »

Hi Mark,

I have checked with the technician , he followed procedure, updated to 2.86B.it was 2.70 then checked for any calibration update and found that it already had the latest version, so no further calibration update was needed or done.

I still have the echo, do you have any ideas?

thanks
steve
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, not really as you can see that the issue mainly affected vehicles that were upgrading from versions other than those stated (2.3X & 2.7X), so as you found out yours was one of those covered.

The only thing I would suggest is:

1) Make sure you have the latest operating system for your phone.
2) Completely unpair AND Delete the phone from the RT6. This mean removing the phone from the RT6's memory after you disconnect it.
3) Remove the Bluetooth connection from the Smart phone - again, delete the connection.

These steps are important to erase the connections.

4) Then pair the phone with the RT6 again, make sure you check all the appropriate profiles and allow contact synch. It will mean you will have to wait some time for the synchronisation of the contacts to complete again, depending on how many you have.

This is the only thing I know to try and mitigate the issue, as you have the latest calibration file.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc