407SW 3.0 Trailer Light / Sensor Problem...

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AlvinCitroenC5
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 II

407SW 3.0 Trailer Light / Sensor Problem...

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

My friend and I are almost finished restoring one of our 407SW 3.0, we bought the vehicle 2nd had awhile ago and the rear parking sensor did not work; the reason it does not work is because Proxia/Lexia shows that there is a trailer hooked up to the vehicle but there is not. We have also installed a different BSI and radar control unit and uploaded the proper software with respect to the VIN of the vehicle. I hope someone here can help with this because we are baffled by this issue. The current setting shown in Proxia / Lexia also is that there is no trailer / tow bar wiring hooked up to the vehicle, and we have tried to change that setting but the the 407SW BSI continue to believe that there is a trailer hooked up to the vehicle so disabling the rear parking sensor to operate. Any help and suggestion would be great!

Thanks.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: 407SW 3.0 Trailer Light / Sensor Problem...

Post by Paul-R »

The BSI may have been set to not have trailer electrics but is there actually a trailer harness and ECU fitted? As the 407SW uses the same tow bar as the C5 X7 the ECU may be in the same place as on our X7 which is behind the trim panel between the rear LH wheelarch and tailgate. A photo may help.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
AlvinCitroenC5
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 II

Re: 407SW 3.0 Trailer Light / Sensor Problem...

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

We checked the wiring and it is fine. The radar and BSI is from a wrecked vehicle, but we did upload the software that is correct for our vehicle, and Proxia shows no fault. We are quite baffled...