RNEG to RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Andre_DS3_R
My Cars: 2011 Citroen DS3 Racing

RNEG to RT6

Post by Andre_DS3_R »

Hi, my name is Andrea and I'm new here on FCF!
I hope to be in the correct section of the forum, otherwise move this thread to the correct area!
I work at a Citroen dealer with service (so I have access to Citroen Service and DiagBox) and I have a 2011 Citroen DS3 Racing with factory RNEG (16 174 246 80).
Soon I will have a destroyed 2013 Citroen C5 X7 with RT6 unit (16 096 123 ZD or 16 124 128 80 or 16 124 129 80).
I would like to know if it is possible to fit C5 RT6 in my DS3 R: Citroen Service does not show RT6 with the one on the C5 that I will have shortly.
Best regards
Last edited by Andre_DS3_R on 27 Jul 2022, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Andrea
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RNEG to RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so yes the RT6 as you know was fitted to both vehicles, however there are different units with different hardware onboard as you may know.

Example being some RT6 units that were fitted to later Tourer models of the X7 that had the reversing cameras fitted and the RT6 units had to be specific versions to work with this.
So saloon models or earlier Tourer models without the reversing cameras were not compatible with this function.

So yes, you will need to upgrade your colour display to the high res version (RNEG or MyWay screens do not support RT6 or NG4 Head units) and you will need a suitable RT6 unit with or without rear camera functionality, depending on whether your DS3 has that or not.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Andre_DS3_R

Post by Andre_DS3_R »

Thanks Marc, I forgot to mention that I also need to change displays.
Do I just have to worry about the reversing camera? The C5's RT6 doesn't have it, like my DS3.
If so, what about reverse work? I will probably repair the destroyed C5, so I was thinking of putting my RNEG and my screen in the C5 that I will have soon.
Citroen Service does not show C5's RNEG with the one on the DS3 that I have.
Greetings
Andrea
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There were different versions of the RT6 as I mentioned and multiple part numbers, for different options and build dates which of course, are numerous. But to be honest you are just going to have to try it and see. If you don't have the rear camera fitted to your DS3, then it's one less thing to concern yourself with.

Just make sure you record (screenshot) the existing BSI configuration settings before you change anything (if you need to change anything apart from VIN of course), especially all sections concerning the audio / telematics and screen settings as a lot of these have parameters that are specific to the target vehicle.

Marc
Andre_DS3_R

Post by Andre_DS3_R »

Yeah i was already thinking of screenshotting everything...I think that i will need to change a few parameters, cause C5 has front parking sensor which my DS3 doens't have.
Also, my DS3 has HiFi Denon audio system which C5 shouldn't have...To be sure (and to go back to defualt easy) i'll screenshot both vehicle RNEG/RT6 unit. Should i take screen of something else (like BSI, ...)?
Andrea
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The best way to go is to photograph everything. That way you have covered all possible options. However, make sure you can clearly see/read everything in the photographs before you start work, just in case of any poor/blurry images. You are, in effect, backing up all of the settings, and a backup is only any good if it can be properly restored (or, in this case, read).
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 28 Jul 2022, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Andre_DS3_R wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 18:36 Yeah i was already thinking of screenshotting everything...I think that i will need to change a few parameters, cause C5 has front parking sensor which my DS3 doens't have.
Also, my DS3 has HiFi Denon audio system which C5 shouldn't have...To be sure (and to go back to defualt easy) i'll screenshot both vehicle RNEG/RT6 unit. Should i take screen of something else (like BSI, ...)?
In that case yes, all the settings are in the BSI (quite a few pages). But you can print screen each image and paste it into a word doc and save it on the laptop for reference or use a camera as mentioned.

The HiFi option will matter, so make sure you also photograph the electrical connections before removing.

Marc
Andre_DS3_R

Post by Andre_DS3_R »

Okay thanks. When i'll have a few hours free (and both car) i'll try to swap both units
Andrea
Andre_DS3_R

Post by Andre_DS3_R »

Good morning!
A few days ago I got the damaged C5 and I swapped the two car radio groups. So I started by reversing the screens (and related cables) and I moved the usb cable from the C5 to the DS3. I then coded the VIN via Diagbox. Once the coding was finished, I had some problems, such as no sound or very loud sound, rather than the absence of the onboard computer on the DS3. I then coded other parameters in the car radios and solved (not in the BSI - only in the two car radios). I went to test both cars and realized some small problems:

DS3 RNEG on C5:
1) The on-board computer is present on both the instrumental panel and the RNEG: when I press the mode button on the radio or the button on the wiper lever, the on-board computer appears;
2) By pressing menu I have the possibility to modify the welcome lights, which however do not change because they are managed by the instrument panel

C5 RT6 on DS3:
3) The volume of the car radio seems lower than before and the audio seems muffled than before, it seems to be at a live concert (no echo).
4) The car radio finds only some frequencies, ranging from 89 mhz to 93 mhz to 97 mhz to 102 mhz to 106 mhz to 107 mhz
5) In the parameters inside the menu I no longer have the possibility to enable \ disable rear wiper, welcome light, exit light, ...

Here is what I tried to do to solve the following problems:

1) In the BSI of the C5 there is no possibility to deactivate the sharing of data between the telematic unit and the instrument panel (in the BSI of the DS3 this option is instead present)
2) In the telecoding of the RNEG I have not found anything
3) Initially I had no sound so I set "amp type" to none. I tried to change the "amp type" value to standard but the volume was extremely loud and crackled. I then changed the multiplexed amplifier parameter and the sound was absent and lastly I set the electronic amplifier parameter but the sound seemed even more strange and closed.
4) The C5 has two antennas (FM1 and FM2) while the DS3 has only one antenna. I tried to set the number of antennas to one, putting the first antenna to active and the second to passive.
I also changed the preferential SID value from FRANCE to OTHER COUNTRIES
5) I tried to enter in remote coding but I could not find any parameter concerning my problem.

Have I stumbled upon a not fully compatible RT6?

Thanks Andrea
Andrea
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think you have several issues going on. First the tuners can be mono or dual tuners and the numbers of aerials for the various functions can differ. So that may explain your tuning issues.

The other thing is that the C5 X7 and the DS3 probably have a different BSI, so the options will be different which is understandable.
Next the vehicles may output and handle their data differently, so the instrument panel ECUs are designed differently and may not be configured correctly.
Lastly, the Denon HiFi system was never fitted to the C5 X7 as far as I am aware - so this may be an issue you will have difficulty resolving if it is not compatible. I know that the loudspeaker (rear speaker module) is different on both cars.

Pop your VIN up for me of the DS3 and the C5 and I'll take a look at the configuration parameters for both systems when I can this afternoon.

Marc
Andre_DS3_R

Post by Andre_DS3_R »

Hello Marc,
here are both VINs:
-C5 X7 = VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]*******
-DS3 = VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]*******

As you suggested, before starting the swap I backed up the BSIs and configurations of the two car radios.
Yesterday I looked at the files and in the RT6 backup (when it was still installed in the C5) there was the item "Configuration of the customization "which is now not present in the coding.
In this menu there were the options mentioned in point 5.
In the radio customization menu (in the DS3 - not in coding) I only have the possibility to deactivate the parking sensors

Thanks Andrea
Andrea
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, I have those, leave it with me Andrea and I'll take a look later this morning.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so configuration aside, the equaliser Amp systems are totally different on the 2 vehicles and so are the speakers that are fitted:

Your DS3 has: 5 Front speakers (2 Tweeters, 2 Front in the Doors and 1 Central Speaker), and 2 Rear Speakers in the Door plus the sub in the trunk.
5 FR LS (2 TW + 2 FR + 1 CENTRAL) + 2 RR LS

The C5 has 4 front speakers (2 tweeters, 2 door speakers and 1 central speaker on the dash), and 5 Rear Speakers, 2 tweeters in the doors, 2 normal speakers in the rear doors and the sub.
4 FR SPKRS (2TW=2SPKRS)+5 RR SPKRS (2TW+2SPKRS+1C)

So the amps are different and designed for the speaker system in the vehicle, so that is probably why you are not getting the sound correct as the channels are different most likely.

I will check the configuration out, but I think regardless, the above will be the issue.

I've now sent you the configuration for each vehicle as it relates to your options (via email).

Marc