Toyota's diesel line-up in Western Europe to be made compatible with HVO100 diesel fuel

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Toyota's diesel line-up in Western Europe to be made compatible with HVO100 diesel fuel

Post by Ross_K »

Interesting article I saw on another forum, which talks about Toyota introducing support for HVO100 "non-fossil" diesel across Hilux, Land Cruiser and Proace models in 2023:

https://newsroom.toyota.eu/toyotas-dies ... esel-fuel/
HVO100 (hydrated vegetable oil) meets the EN 15940 European quality standard for paraffinic diesel. It has a higher cetane number (c80) than standard diesel and has a lower sulphur and aromatics content. It is made from vegetable oil (palm, rapeseed) or waste-based feedstock (for example used cooking oil).
HVO100 fuel pumps are becoming an increasingly common at filling stations in Europe, with around 1,000 already in use across Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden. At the same time as more customers are switching to HVO100, production is increasing – with ambition to reach 15.5 million tonnes by 2030 from around four million tonnes currently produced per year.
The principal technical change from current vehicles is an adjustment of the fuel injection system to increase fuel volume. This is required as HVO100 is less dense than standard diesel. The change does not affect the vehicle’s ability to run on standard diesel, so either fuel can be used day-to-day. As a result of using HVO100 and the adjustment to the injection system, there is a modest increase in maximum engine output.
Probably no coincidence that Europe is planning to completely ban Russian diesel imports by the end of 2022...
ImageImage
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Toyota's diesel line-up in Western Europe to be made compatible with HVO100 diesel fuel

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Ross_K wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 17:28 Interesting article I saw on another forum, which talks about Toyota introducing support for HVO100 "non-fossil" diesel across Hilux, Land Cruiser and Proace models in 2023:
Ross I have copied your post across to this thread, "e-fuel, synthetic fuel, bio-fuel still alive? ". I have been using it to mop up the news and information on those "alternative" fuels. Have a scan through if you are interested, and feel free to contribute stuff you come across.

viewtopic.php?p=724210#p724210

The likes of ASDA are trialling Bio-methane trucks, and BP have taken a a 30% stake in Green Biofuels, an HVO company.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Re: Toyota's diesel line-up in Western Europe to be made compatible with HVO100 diesel fuel

Post by Ross_K »

Thanks Neil, I'll check that thread out.
ImageImage