P2031 Exhaust gas temperature sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

art_60
My Cars: C4 Picasso Gran EX
C5 Picasso

P2031 Exhaust gas temperature sensor

Post by art_60 »

Hi all,
I have 2014 C4 Picasso GR EXCL that has just developed this fault. Exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 2.
As luck would have it i am on holiday and do not have tools with me. doh! Has anybody ever removed this sensor and cleaned it? Is it easy to remove without major strip down?
many thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: P2031 Exhaust gas temperature sensor

Post by wheeler »

There wont be anything to clean, they dont normally like to come out without a fight often needing heat and/or vice grips. There is a length of wire on them as the connector is mounted remotely, the wiring is normally clipped onto the exhaust heat shield with metal tab type things that can actually cut through the wiring, unclip the cable along its length & inspect for damage. if the wiring is OK do a resistance check on the sensor, dont know the values off hand without looking it up but if its open circuit you know its faulty.
art_60
C5 Picasso

Post by art_60 »

Many thanks Wheeler, sadly I'm on holiday so have not brought any tools or multi meter. Just have the obd2 reader. have booked it with a Citroen dealer to look at on Wednesday, just don't know whether to drive it or not in the meantime. Thanks again.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Probably best to keep usage to a bare minimum as your DPF will likely not be able to regenerate if it doesn’t know the exhaust temperature. You run the risk of clogging the DPF.
art_60
C5 Picasso

Post by art_60 »

Doh! Thanks again Wheeler. The garage is only 6 miles away and is booked for Wednesday morning. Home is 330 miles away so hoping I'm sorted for Saturday.