Lexia technicians in East Sussex?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jpollard
My Cars: Citroen C3 2012 1.4 petrol manual.

Lexia technicians in East Sussex?

Post by Jpollard »

Hi friends.
I'm looking for a Technician near Eastbourne East Sussex with a Lexia to run a diagnostic on my son's 2012 Citroen C3 mk2, who's dashboard thinks it's December and lit up lick a chrismas tree.
It started with an ABS fault then suddenly lit up with ABS, power steering, air bag, oh and the speedo stopped working, all at the same time. It's got to be a sensor somewhere but I need to have the car hooked up to Lexia to locate the fault.
Many thanks in anticipation of your help.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Lexia technicians in East Sussex?

Post by myglaren »

In the first instance, most Citroen models in the past couple of decades are very sensitive to battery condition. If it is down a couple of volts all sorts of mayhem can happen.

If you have a charger, remove the battery, following the procedure linked to below for removal and replacement. This is crucial!

If the battery is unable to hold a charge the same symptoms will reappear and a new battery recommended.

BSI Reset Procedure.
Jpollard

Post by Jpollard »

Many thanks for the advice Myglaren. The battery is reading 12v, and when the engine is running it’s reading 14v.
I feel the battery is fine, I could be wrong but the car starts on the button.
The faulty code on my cheepo OBD2 reads error U0415, and on my friends better one C3150 and U0415.
My thinking is that it is something to do with the ABS, so I’ve removed and cleaned the front wheel sensors. I fear I will damage the rear ones in the drums if I try removing them to clean but I’ve checked all four connector blocks and the ABS pump’s connector block also.
I’ve fitted a new cam position sensor. I’ve ordered new front and rear ABS sensors to fit next week.
I still think I need to hook it up to a Lexia diagnostic to identify the exact fault, or to clear the faults in case I solved the problem but the lingering fault codes stop the car working properly.

So, if anyone can help with a Lexia near Eastbourne or anywhere in East Sussex, I’d love to book my son’s car in with you.
Many thanks for your continued support.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Have a look at our list of members who have offered Lexia / Peugeot Planet / Diagbox Diagnostics help if you haven't already seen it - link below:

At the end of the list is a link to a Google Map, showing the geographic locations of members and details. Just use the Private Message or Email links on the member's profile to contact anyone suitable.

List of Lexia / Diagbox Owners with Kits Offering Help

Bear in mind, although we update the list as often as we can, not all members are active on the Forum all the time, so it may take a while for a reply.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

If you are happy with the battery condition, although I think it should read slightly higher both passive and charging, then we have a list of members who offer to run diagnostics for other members. Beer tokens may need to change hands, this is something you will need to negotiate with whomever agrees to run a diagnostic.
Note that these are owner/users not Citroen trained experts.

There is a list here and a map link at the foot to more easily identify where they are - the locations are deliberately vague. Contact them using the PM option, don't put any details such as addresses, email addresses or phone numbers on an open forum.

It could still be advantageous to do the battery disconnect/BSI reset beforehand, which can clear a lot of fault codes.
Jpollard

Post by Jpollard »

Many thanks for the replies Marc and Myglaren. I have sent a couple of PMs, fingers crossed one of them can help.
Based on your comments, I may just replace the battery this weekend anyway.
Thanks again, JP
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi JP
Idle thoughts but the car is 10 years old so based on a 5 year cycle for battery life depending on when it was last replaced .......

Not well aquainted with the C3 but lots of different issues could be related to the BSM ( under bonnet fusebox ) failing but i would do the cheapest option first and change the battery if last replacement date is unknown

Colin
Jpollard

Post by Jpollard »

Thank you Admiral51, the battery seems fine but I will probably do that.
Id had a kind offer of assistance from a.member with Lexia but illness and work comments meant I was unable to arrange it. Today I bit the bullet and took it to Citroen main dealer. They told me what I'd already worked out - the ABS controller is not talking properly to the ECU. £120 later they wanted to replace the ABS controller for a price of £950, with no promises it would address the issue.
So I've purchased the correct secondhand ABS controller and pump off eBay in a forlorn hope the controller will be a quick replacement and job done. If not, then the lot gets sent off to 'Control Units'to look at.
I'll keep you all posted.
Jpollard

Post by Jpollard »

Hi friends
Just a quick note to say my problem is resolved, thank goodness. Having replaced the wheel speed/ABS sensors and camshaft position sensor ( fault codes suggested looking at them) I was left with the worrying prospect it could be the ABS pump and/or the ABS controller, which is attached to the pump. Having tried to avoid the Citroes main dealer, I finally took it there because I was struggling to find time to arrange the kind help offered from a forum member. Citroen were not overly helpful saying it might/might not be the ABS controller. They wanted £950 to replace it, just in case. That was beyond my boys budget so I found one from a breakers in eBay. The replacement ABS pump and controller came yesterday, so I took the day off work today to swap them over.
Initially I only swapped the controller but hey presto it completely solved the problem. Citroen wanted £950 just for the controller, the lot from the breakers was £25. My own cheapo OBD reader cleared the fault code and everything started working again. My boy now has ABS, Powersteering a speedo, mileage and trip meter. The car runs smoothly again and all the dashboard lights have gone out.
Thank you for you kind words of support, from the forum members.
Best regards
Justin