DS7 - Water in rear light

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DS7 - Water in rear light

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I wouldn't recommend drilling anything if the car is within warranty or has an extended - or they can void any claim.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Goff1
My Cars: DS7 (Citroen by any other name)

Post by Goff1 »

11 months after having had the rear nearside light unit changed under warranty due to large amount of water sloshing about inside, guess what the drivers side now has the same problem. Unfortunately I am now out of warranty period so rather than fork out stupid money for a replacement I drilled a small hole & the water poured out. This was fine except the water damages the silver reflective material revealing the white plastic & this is very unsightly. Ds dealership had suggested that contacting DS direct may result in them contributing 50% towards the part & labour, this is not good enough as the dealership acknowledged it's becoming a very common problem.Shame on DS for not at least supplying the unit free of charge !!. Apparently DS have resolved the problem on new lights by using rubber grommets/washers on the 2 fittings at the rear of the unit. I've ordered a used one off ebay & will get my local friendly mechanic to fit it, adding a couple of the washers. I'll let u know whether my gamble pays off. I'll also never use a hose when cleaning the rear of the car .
Hjroe
My Cars: DS7 Crossback

Post by Hjroe »

My car has just gone over the 3 year warranty only for there to be a couple of days of rain and now the rear light is full of water, with the reflective covering coming off. I've been I would have to pay for a replacement, well due to the fact it is a known supplier issue don't feel it right that I should pay, the supplier should foot the bill not the customer.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, this is a bit of a grey area and whether DS will sort it for you can be hit and miss. The TSBs are fixes for known issues and will certainly be free under warranty. It has been known for Citroen / Peugeot / DS to honour a longer period on some items, like Adblue tanks etc., but there's no guarantee.

If I were you I would try giving DS Head Office a call and see what they have to say about it, being your car is just out of warranty. You never know!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Geordieg21
New User
My Cars: Ds7 crossback 2019

Post by Geordieg21 »

I know this is an old post but probably the first one that comes up in google so, Just to make anyone who has this problem aware I have a 2019 DS7 crossback (on a 68 plate) my warranty ran out Jan 2022 its now April 2023 and noticed water/condensation within my both rear lights so called my local Citroën/DS garage in Durham,they took my reg and informed me that my car had an outstanding recall for my rear lights, I had to book it in for them to assess it at which point they agreed and have ordered the new lights with no charge, so it is definitely worth giving them a call as I hadn't received a recall letter and there is no mention of this recall online (if there is it's not easy to find) so give them a bell first
Attachments
20230411_133337.jpg
20230411_133422.jpg
Iansel
My Cars: DS7, VW ID.3, Triumph TR3,
Gone - BMW 123, Megans , Grand Scenics, Xantia, Renault 21, Peugeot 405

Post by Iansel »

It would seem that water in the DS7 rear light cluster is the subject of a product recall so should be sorted at no cost. Except my closest dealer is 40 miles away so that is half a day and two gallons of fuel. Give your garage a call and get them to check as it seems they are not sending letters just dealing with it when people complain.
Clarkeeee
My Cars: DS7 Crossback 21

Post by Clarkeeee »

TheBadger wrote: 21 May 2021, 21:49 Washed my car at the weekend using a hose and noticed afterwards that some water had made its way into the passenger side rear light. I called the dealer and it's a known issue and the subject of a notice issued to dealers by DS. It's being replaced under warranty next week while I wait. A 30 minute job, apparently.

If anyone else has the same issue don't be slow to report it and get it fixed.
I have the same issue. Light now stopped working completely and a 3m wait for a replacement!
Clarkeeee
My Cars: DS7 Crossback 21

Post by Clarkeeee »

Apparently it’s a 3m wait now and my light won’t even work! Shocking
sirev86
My Cars: DS7 Crossback 1.6 PHEV PERFORMANCE LINE AUTO 4WD

Post by sirev86 »

I am waiting for replacement of both rear lights (outside the warranty), but I am curious if they really resolved the issue? Can someone who had them replaced confirm?
Thanks.