Peugeot boxer motorhome cambelt

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dcsinclair22
My Cars: Peugeot boxer motorhome 2000 1.9 diesel
Honda civic type s
Vivaro camper 2.0cdti

Peugeot boxer motorhome cambelt

Post by Dcsinclair22 »

Hi guys thanks for having me, basically I have acquired a 2000 Peugeot wayfarer (boxer chasis) 1.9 non turbo,
The previous owner had done no maintenance in the last 5 years and it's had no mot for 4 years, it ran like a dream but changed oil, filter, cambelt, aux belts etc this weekend, when doing the cambelt I locked flywheel off through bolt abouve the starter, locked cam off with 1 m8 bolt, locked diesel pump off with 2 m8 bolts, changed rollers and tensioner pulley, put all back together but now on 1st start up it idles rough,after about 20 secs it settles down and idles perfectly, drives fine etc, looking online it states that it can sometimes take a little while for new belt to wear in, is that true or have I cocked it up somehow
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Peugeot boxer motorhome cambelt

Post by wheeler »

Can take a while for a new timing belt to wear in? 😂. Thats a new one.
After you fitted the new belt did you turn the engine over by hand several times then refit all the timing pegs in again to check they all still lined up?
Dcsinclair22
My Cars: Peugeot boxer motorhome 2000 1.9 diesel
Honda civic type s
Vivaro camper 2.0cdti

Re: Peugeot boxer motorhome cambelt

Post by Dcsinclair22 »

Hiya, I did think it was strange that a belt needed to wear in, I did turn engine over a fair few times and everything lined up perfect, I even checked about 3 times to be sure,