DS7 - Help

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SAhmed
My Cars: DS7 Crossback

DS7 - Help

Post by SAhmed »

Hi,

I have a DS7 68 plate, I was casually driving on a sunny Sunday afternoon when all of a sudden the jolted and lost complete power.
RAC came out tried a diagnostic machine no faults found but the car will just not fire up.
It's definitely not incorrect fuel fault nor a crank sensor, any one else experienced a similar issue.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: DS7 - Help

Post by xantia_v6 »

What is working?
Warning lights?
Cranking?

Which engine type?
SAhmed

Post by SAhmed »

Its a manual 1.5 Disel 68 plate
No warning lights, however, plugging in the car to fault reader machine displays crank sensor, the sensor has been changed but still not firing up.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

How many miles has it done?
After you fitted the sensor & cleared the fault code, did the fault code come back after you tried to re start it?
Can you see live data from the crank sensor? Is the reader showing crank & cam sync?
Will it fire with a sniff of easy start?
SAhmed

Post by SAhmed »

The car is with a very good mechanic, so I'd have ask what fault code comes back.
Car has done 55K miles

We did try easy start spray but still wouldn't fire up.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If it doesn't even attempt to fire on easy start that's not a good sign. The questions i was asking are looking towards if the timing belt has broken/jumped. A broken/jumped timing belt would cause immediate cut out with no attempt to restart, it would not normally attempt to fire on easy start and can log errors with crankshaft and/or camshaft sensor signals.
Can you see the camshaft rotating (through the oil filler cap) when you try to start the engine? Might be worth taking the timing cover off for a look?
If a diesel engine doesn't even attempt to fire on easy start either the inlet or exhaust is blocked or there is no compression.