DS4 won't start - parking brake fault on dash

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Yitearp
My Cars: Citroen DS4. Renault clio 1.8 VT

DS4 won't start - parking brake fault on dash

Post by Yitearp »

Hi,

So i was cleaning out the inside of my car today went to move the car off the drive and it wouldn't start

all kinds of chaos going on in the dash flicking and parking brake fault flashing up and just wouldn't crank finally battery gave out i think but window wipers kept going and i had to disconnect the battery

i'm racking my brain for what it could be - I cleaned under the seats could i of knocked something there with the cables under?
i rummaged around in the boot - anything there i could of knocked? I know the old fords had a fuel cut off switch that caught people out

I have no idea what has happened. Other than the dodgy window washers and now the climate control fans being constantly on there hasn't been any issues.

Is this the case of electronics slowly dying out?

I am trying to charge my portable jump start battery but even that doesn't want to comply and isn't holding any charge

cheers
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: DS4 won't start - parking brake fault on dash

Post by RichardW »

I suspect the battery has just had it. Sometimes they just die, especially if you had the doors open for a while. Check the voltage, see if it will charge, but you probably need to replace it.
Richard W
Yitearp

Post by Yitearp »

RichardW wrote: 03 May 2022, 07:16 I suspect the battery has just had it. Sometimes they just die, especially if you had the doors open for a while. Check the voltage, see if it will charge, but you probably need to replace it.
Thanks for the reply i've been using the wifes car to get to and from work just don't have time to work on it till today. Taken the battery out it was flat but no shocker there. Its currently on charge hopefully it will be enough to kick it back into life so i can take it into a garage as i need to replace the resistor?(sic) so the climate control fans stop going full blast i'd attempt it myself but the battery was a bloody nightmare to get out had to spend £30 on tools just so i could get in there to reach the bolts
Yitearp

Post by Yitearp »

New battery in and it fired up - Was dreading something had gone bad with the loom nightmares from the Clio i had
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The PSA vehicles are very 'sensitive' where the electronics are concerned, and a weak battery can cause all sorts of weird issues.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!