C4 Picasso wing mirror

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sychologist

C4 Picasso wing mirror

Post by Sychologist »

I’m rebuilding my C4 Grand Picasso (2014) passenger mirror and think I can see how it fits together. However I feel there may be a tension spring missing which fits over the rotating bracket to keep it under light tension?

I can’t find anything on google or parts lists so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Attachments
F6361F3F-6C24-4EC1-A082-5DC7E4CEE77B.jpeg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C4 Picasso wing mirror

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Citroen don't sell any internal parts of the mirrors, only the shells, glass, motor plate and flasher unit, so there is nothing on the internal components available. They're deemed replacement units.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sychologist

Post by Sychologist »

Thanks Mark. I don’t have the money to just buy a replacement so I’ll just have to figure it out by the look of it.
Sychologist

Post by Sychologist »

So after many months of trial and error I have made a spring which sits around the mirror bracket gear bearing. However, on putting the mirror back together it turns 180 degrees and not the 90 degrees it should. Has anyone else any experience of these mirrors as I can't believe I'm the only one with a problem? Thank you.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Evilbunny
New User
My Cars: 2014 C4 Picasso 2 airdream

Post by Evilbunny »

Hi, Different car, but same mirror design I think.
I have the same issue following a "bird strike" and hasty reassembly of the exploded mirror by the roadside. I suspect the metal pin you show in the picture needs to be aligned to the groove on the flange of the metal gear.
I found the pin on the ground and wasn't sure if it was part of the mirror or just random road debris, your picture confirmed it belongs to the assembly.
The metal gear can be positioned any one of three ways, so I'm guessing there is a correct way that will align with the pin for it to act as a stop. I'm just about to try and fix it now, although I've a horrible feeling that whatever plastic mounting the pin once had is now part of the A40.