Peugeot 207 issue

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nathan199
My Cars: Peugeot 207 1.4 vti

Peugeot 207 issue

Post by Nathan199 »

So my girlfriends 207 vti 1.4 has started being French. I had the timing and inlet dephaser pulley changed about 15 months ago and it's ran perfectly since. The car started misbehaving last week. It doesn't like being between 2500 and 3000 rpm and doesn't like reving past 5000. It throwing no codes but it just massively down on power and undriveable between said rpm. It's just buckaroos and sound like it's bogging. I've checked the ecu connections and everything is dry amd no signs of water ingress. I've done the plugs and the eccentric cam sensor. No change. But if you unplug any sensor it goes into limp mode and drives fine but just down on power. Anyone had any issues like this before
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Peugeot 207 issue

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. Have you tried a proper diagnostics session (using suitable equipment)? Most low cost generic code readers cannot 'understand' French cars (who does? :D ). There are Forum members who have equipment that CAN talk to most Citroen/Peugeot vehicles that are willing to help out other members. The following link shows these members, but some of them have 'gone quiet', so may not respond.

viewtopic.php?t=56452

It is important to run a diagnostics session before changing any more parts, as it should point you in the right direction (and save you money stopping you buying unnecessary parts).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Nathan199
My Cars: Peugeot 207 1.4 vti

Re: Peugeot 207 issue

Post by Nathan199 »

Hi thanks for the reply yeah I've used proper diag equipment that the garage has and it shows no codes