rear suspension?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Reggie54

rear suspension?

Post by Reggie54 »

I've got a problem with my peugeot 406 S reg 1.9 Diesel turbo. The problem seems to be with the rear suspension. Everytime I go over a small bump at high or low speed with the rear end, the whole read end shakes sideways like mad ? Any suggestions would be helpfull as to what to look for. I've already checked the anti-roll bars and they seem to have no play but there is a creaking sound coming from the read end when driving over bumps.
Thanks
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Look at your rear wheels from behind the car a distance.
Are they like this |------| <-OK
Or leant in at the top /------\ <-Trailing arm bearings gone
jakeuk
My Cars:

Post by jakeuk »

sorry to butt in on your question reggie but i'm thinking of buying a 406 and the only bad things ive heared are to do with the rear suspension so may i just ask you more experienced guys what sort of things i need to look out for...cheers
Reggie54

Post by Reggie54 »

Thanks arry_b. I've just had a chance to check today and the do seem to be /------\. Is another telltale sign the inner track on the tyre being totally worn out because when I got this from the previous owner the inner track on the left hand wheel had totally gone!
Hello jakeuk. I don't think you can get any worse then me whereby I bought a clocked car and the b***** had faked the MOT. If you do buy a peugeot just make sure all the electronics work cus thats another common fault. I think next time I'm going to stick to a japanese cars.