ID My unit and DAB unavailable

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Paul H 69
My Cars: 2012 DS5 hybrid

ID My unit and DAB unavailable

Post by Paul H 69 »

Hello all hope im in the correct place. need help to identifi my system to look into getting DAB radio working and mybe update sat nav maps. cd s get rejected saying unidentified but not woried about CD. Thanks
Vin VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Car.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: ID My unit and DAB unavailable

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

You have an RT6 Telematics Head Unit, also referred to as eMyWay, made by Magneti Marelli.

There were several versions of the RT6 unit and specifications could change depending on year, country and options. As far as DAB is concerned this feature was not available on all systems and if you don't have it showing up as an audio source it cannot be upgraded to have it.

The other way to confirm is that on the back of the telematic unit if it has DAB functionality, there will be an orange FAKRA connector intended for the DAB antenna. On models without DAB this connector will either be missing or covered up with a plug.

So you may want to consider adding a separate DAB unit if this is what you require.

Your firmware version 2.21 shown is a little old now, and the latest is and last version V2.86. However, be warned: If you attempt to upgrade to V2.86, you will lose your system configuration and options. V2.86 is a major upgrade and it resets the system to factory defaults. Looking at the table I have, an attempt to go from V2.21 to V2.86 will result in loss of functionality.

I suggest if you are concerned about updating it, then you get it done via the dealer, as if it goes toes up, they will have to resolve it for you. Just make sure that you visually show them that the system functionality is working correctly (like reversing sensors / camera), and other features before hand so they know the system was working correctly before any update.

Post update there may also need to be a calibration file applied to prevent the known Bluetooth Echo after this update.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul H 69
My Cars: 2012 DS5 hybrid

Re: ID My unit and DAB unavailable

Post by Paul H 69 »

Thanks Mark. Thats sorted then best left alone. will look into adding a DAB thing. Cheers You