1.4VTI Citroen v Peugeot Engine codes.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dannyboy
My Cars:

1.4VTI Citroen v Peugeot Engine codes.

Post by Dannyboy »

Hi, I have some previous threads re looking for a replacement 1.4Vti engine for a 308 2010. I`ve located a 1.4Vti engine from a Citroen C3 2011. The breaker tells me its a KFT code so not the same code as my engine EP3 / 8FS. He says his research says its not a match, and he has researched the head , the block and the injectors ? . I am hopeful it can be used. These 1.4Vti engines are hard to get. He says the ECU has been sold from that C3. Can this engine be used in my 1.4Vti 308 2010 ?....will it work with my ECU ?
( Fit my injectors ? ) or with a compatible virginised C3 ECU ? Any advice appreciated.
Regards......Dannyboy
ozvtr
My Cars: Citroen C2 VTR
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Re: 1.4VTI Citroen v Peugeot Engine codes.

Post by ozvtr »

Dannyboy wrote: 27 Mar 2022, 10:50 I`ve located a 1.4Vti engine from a Citroen C3 2011. The breaker tells me its a KFT code so not the same code as my engine EP3 / 8FS. He says his research says its not a match
Hmm that's a bit bizarre. KFT is the Peugeot designation of a TU3JP engine not Citroen (Citroen would be KFV). I don't think the 2011 C3 had the TU3JP(KFV) engine anyway, it would have the EP3 petrol engine. You need to quiz this breaker a bit more, something is not right. Get the VIN from this "2011 C3" from the breaker and check the engine type yourself.
Dannyboy wrote: 27 Mar 2022, 10:50 He says the ECU has been sold from that C3. Can this engine be used in my 1.4Vti 308 2010 ?....will it work with my ECU ?
( Fit my injectors ? ) or with a compatible virginised C3 ECU ? Any advice appreciated.
Regards......Dannyboy
If you find the correct engine to swap, you will be able to use your original ECU without modification. It may run a bit funny until it resets it's adaptables.
Dannyboy
My Cars:

Re: 1.4VTI Citroen v Peugeot Engine codes.

Post by Dannyboy »

Hi Ozvtr, tks for the feedback. A bit of research on the internet seemed to suggest this is the older series of PSA 1.4 engine with the single cam , belt driven, Metal rocker cover with the cap in the middle. I rang the breaker and he described the engine to me and it`s as described above....so not the engine I want. Still looking for the 1.4 Vti engine ( EP3 / 8FS code ) . I`m tempted to go for the 1.6Vti engine ( EP6 ) which looks like it will drop straight in . The 1.4 Vti is a bit under powered as well as being a heap of junk. Don`t know if the 1.6 is a better engine...unlikely, its the same design but might last better due more powerful. I asked under a different thread are they swapable and the answers were not definitive but were optimistic. Any feedback on that would be appreciated if anyone has actually done it. Regards.....Dannyboy.