Aftermarket/OEM turbo.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lewis_sr
My Cars: Peugeot 308 2.0 HDI Diesel (2008)

Aftermarket/OEM turbo.

Post by lewis_sr »

Hi all,

I've got a Peugeot 308 2.0 HDI diesel. Love the car but have started to consider adding a couple bits to make it a bit more fun. Looking at turbos and obviously it's not a car thousands are modding and turbo kits are hard to find. I'd wondered how easy/difficult it is to install on this engine. I know there is a version (might be the 1.6) that is turboed so may be able to grab that and a manifold. Anyone done this previously? Had a look but most of what I've seen is regarding 1.6s and already turboed cars. If anyone has put an aftermarket parts on at all I'd be happy to know what you recommend. I already plan on upgrading the suspension to something a bit more responsive, find it can feel a little wallowy sometimes which may be it getting past its time in fairness. Also plan on some new, slightly pricier brakes and servicing the fluids when I've got the time in the short term.

Cheers,
LR
Attachments
For ref.
For ref.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Aftermarket/OEM turbo.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

This really isn't a 'modding' Forum, we generally try to help members fix their cars with the original equipment, so bear this in mind.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
lewis_sr
My Cars: Peugeot 308 2.0 HDI Diesel (2008)

Post by lewis_sr »

Don't plan on ratting it out. As I said I love the car but I want to make it feel a little better and more fun to drive.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Surely if it's a 2.0Hdi then it already has a turbo? As Marc says, we're not really a modding forum but some people have had success with a remap of the engine ECU. It has to be said that many have not though although it's the add-on black box type that have the worst reputation.

I don't know what levels of tune the standard engines are in the Mk1 308 but in the Citroen Xsara the 90 bhp engine can be boosted to 110bhp and the 110 bhp engine to about 125-130 bhp. In standard form the 90 bhp engine doesn't have an intercooler and the 110 bhp engine does.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​