Electrical failures

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hoggies
My Cars: Citroen c4 hdi vtr 1.6

Electrical failures

Post by Hoggies »

Hi I am having a series of electrical issues with my citoren c4 hdi vtr. Nearly all rear electrics have failed. I have no reverse light, rear heated windscreen, rear wiper, boot no longer operates. On top of all this I have an intermittent cabin blower issue. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Could someone point me in the right direction as to what it could be and how do I fix it? Many thanks in advance 😁😁
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Electrical failures

Post by myglaren »

The usual suspect is the battery being unable to cope but in this case I would suspect the main fuse box in the engine compartment. Check the fuses - remove them, visually inspect then check with a multimeter for continuity, they can break and not conduct but look OK. Also check the contacts for dirt and corrosion, clean them before replacing in any case and also check the contacts on the board.
Look for any traces of burning or overheating on the board, particularly on the input pins and around the relays.

There is a procedure for disconnecting the battery, and reconnecting it, that is quite critical with most Citroens, don't skip on this. Do this before messing with the fuses as it may cause problems not already existing.

Otherwise a full diagnostic session is indicated.