Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI turbo overboost P0238

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vfrrsvr
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: Range rover classic
Lotus Excel
Renault Espace RIP
Cx Familiale Turbo Diesel RIP
Cx Familiale diesel RIP

Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI turbo overboost P0238

Post by vfrrsvr »

Hi Guys
I am blessed with the maintenence contract for my Wifes Picasso. Its very very clean 100000 mile Full citroen history. We have had it for 18 months with no real issues save stumbling a little on start up with white smoke, which it has in common with my daughters C4. This clears quite quickly after which it drives well. I have Lexia but have used it little. It was running on a virtual machine on a rather slow laptop. I have now upgraded the software through Easydiagnostics. The reason for the upgrade and the reason I am here is that I am unable to clear the fault P0238. When I used diagbox on my daughters car it was easy. When I try to clear the fault on Lexia I get a banner which tells me I cannot clear a fault without reading it first. I have tried different things and been around the loop many times. I assumed it was my old software hence the upgrade. Wrong, although the time was worth it as it is now much quicker. Simple question at this stage What am I doing wrong on Lexia. I will come bck for assistance with the fault afterwads. Thanks in advance
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI turbo overboost P0238

Post by wheeler »

Might be worth doing a BSI reset by disconnecting the battery first then trying to clear the fault.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

vfrrsvr
(Donor 2021)
Lotus Excel
Renault Espace RIP
Cx Familiale diesel RIP

Post by vfrrsvr »

Will do gentlemen, I will report back. Thanks for your prompt suggestions
vfrrsvr
(Donor 2021)
Lotus Excel
Renault Espace RIP
Cx Familiale diesel RIP

Post by vfrrsvr »

Hello again
I have rebooted my BSI as per the instructions above. Something changed, but dont get excited. I was now allowed to erase/remove the fault but at the end it stated that the fault remained. On checking the fault had morphed into p 0069. I tried again to remove, same result. I had lunch and tried again. This time however it reverted to the "You cannot remove without reading first" undeterred I tried a couple more times and got into the section that asks for a km reading etc then went through the removal procedure, again faults remain. My first thought is that lexia is faulty so I will do a fresh install of win 7 and the lexia software to eliminate that possibility. I am pretty snookered if I cannot erase the fault, but trying to remain positive and looking beyond to see whats actually wrong with the little darling (I wanted a C5!)

With regard to the code I have the following data

Fault code p0069
engine speed 0
turbo pressure volts 2294 mv
Turbo pressure 2470 mb ( in the diagnosis parameters it gives a "turbo pressure setting" of 2180-2220 at full load)
Atmos 999mb

I have been looking at live data and not finding what I expected. That does not mean it is wrong just not what I expected ( Novice!)

In Live data
Atmospheric Pressure 1000mb
turbo pressure setting Between 1023 and 1341 idling to just shy of 3000rpm
Turbo pressure measured 988 static at all revs which strikes me as odd should this not rise with the revs?

The only other thing that seemed a bit odd was the EGR readings. All remained at zero with the exception of

Egr throttle position copy opening control which showed 1.18 at idle to .78 circa 3000rpm

Marc in anticipation VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] would you be able to tell me what ECU (code) I have?. Lexia asks me is it EDC16........... and everything I have seen suggests that is right. It offers no alternatives so I assume it is interrogating the ecu and just click yes. However somewhere in my journeys through lexia in the fault reading section it mentions variable vane and this is a 90 (wastegate turbo)

Any views and input welcomed. Sorry if its a big long