Quick question about hydractive 3+ behaviour

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

aerodynamica
Donor 2021

Quick question about hydractive 3+ behaviour

Post by aerodynamica »

Any time i turn on the ignition i notice the front suspension raises a bit. If the ignition is turned off of falls by apparently the same amount. Car maintains height normally at all other times. Is this a fault or normal behaviour?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Quick question about hydractive 3+ behaviour

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's just making height corrections - ignore it Graeme. The same happens when you unlock the car - part of the RCD network is triggered in anticipation of a journey and certain ECUs are activated including the suspension ECU in this case - height correction is undertaken if necessary.
aerodynamica
Donor 2021

Re: Quick question about hydractive 3+ behaviour

Post by aerodynamica »

Hi Marc, yea i wasn't worried as such it just appears to make a height change for no reason? I noticed it really when I switched off the ignition while I stayed in the car for a few moments - the front dropped a good few inches. Turning the ignition back on saw it raise back up but no doors were opened and I stayed put. It always does this seemingly. Never noticed the rear doing anything similar.
It's almost like it is wanting to be at a lower front height for being parked up and locked. Maybe just for the 'stance' :-D