C4 Grand Picasso Interior Fan Issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RoverK
My Cars: Rover 25, MG ZT, MG ZS, MG TF

C4 Grand Picasso Interior Fan Issues

Post by RoverK »

Hello,

I have a customers car in at the moment with an interior fan issue. I've replace the fan itself after testing the old one with 12v and found it to be dead. New fan also tested and working. All fuses are good. I have power to the fan control panel to the right hand side of the steering wheel. I do not have power to the fan control module that bolts to the fan itself. I have main power coming into the relay (8048) under the bonnet, however I do not have switching power coming into that relay. If I join slip a paperclip between pins 30 and 87, the fan will run. I've tried a new relay, just incase it was an issue with that, but the problem seems to be switching power to the relay (light green/dark green thinner cable).

I've read that the maxi fuse 7 (BF03A) could be between the engine fusebox and the relay switch. In this vehicle, F7 is actually a mini fuse but it's still good.

It may be worth noting that when adding power to pin 85 on the relay expecting it to work the switch, it sparks and I remove it in case it causes damage.

Any help from here would be greatly appreciated.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C4 Grand Picasso Interior Fan Issues

Post by RichardW »

MK1 or 2? The fan dia for a MK2 was posted the other day
Richard W
RoverK
My Cars: Rover 25, MG ZT, MG ZS, MG TF

Re: C4 Grand Picasso Interior Fan Issues

Post by RoverK »