Grand Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Grand Picasso

Post by oscar »

Hi needing to change my car well President for London/Night mare for London say's so as it's a perfectly great 2 litre HDI Xsara Picasso.
Looked at many of these in petrol but so many have sills rusty or been hidden So apart from Vauxhall Zafiras the other one on the end of the wishing stick are likes of C4 Grand Picasso wondering what others have had/got and models/types recommended or not and looks like 2 litre petrols are auto which unless they have changed to a better box? incurs a huge Road Tax Charge!
Notice quite a few come up with DPF/pollution light showing is that just needs some abuse or more sensor/cat dying?
What year did the diesels become Euro6? As know many french cars was in a lot earlier than other as petrols are euro 4 around 2000
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Grand Picasso

Post by RichardW »

We had a MK1 C4 GP - in 1.6 HDi guise. No good for the ULEZ as it's only Euro 5. The MK1s came with a 1.8 petrol manual - ought to be sprightly enough, but probably struggle to better 25mpg around town. We had no real trouble with ours that was not 1.6 HDI related! Even at 120k when we chopped it in, the body and interior were holding up pretty well. If you want a E6 diesel you need to go to a MK2, with the Blue HDi coming in from 2014 or 15. Early ones have the troublesome Ad Blue tanks which are v expensive to replace! We've now got a MK2 Blue HDi 120 - really spacious in the front 2 rows of seats, the third are pretty small. Not had any bother from it in 40k. I would think if you are in the ULEZ then a petrol would be more suited - watch out for autos though as they may be EGS horrible things. Certainly the later Mk2s went over to a TC auto - my Dad's 2017 diesel one is a TC auto. If you can afford post 2017 then you get onto the flat rate tax which favours bigger engined cars.
All depends on your budget I guess....!!
Richard W
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Re: Grand Picasso

Post by oscar »

RichardW wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 11:29 We had a MK1 C4 GP - in 1.6 HDi guise. No good for the ULEZ as it's only Euro 5. The MK1s came with a 1.8 petrol manual - ought to be sprightly enough, but probably struggle to better 25mpg around town. We had no real trouble with ours that was not 1.6 HDI related! Even at 120k when we chopped it in, the body and interior were holding up pretty well. If you want a E6 diesel you need to go to a MK2, with the Blue HDi coming in from 2014 or 15. Early ones have the troublesome Ad Blue tanks which are v expensive to replace! We've now got a MK2 Blue HDi 120 - really spacious in the front 2 rows of seats, the third are pretty small. Not had any bother from it in 40k. I would think if you are in the ULEZ then a petrol would be more suited - watch out for autos though as they may be EGS horrible things. Certainly the later Mk2s went over to a TC auto - my Dad's 2017 diesel one is a TC auto. If you can afford post 2017 then you get onto the flat rate tax which favours bigger engined cars.
All depends on your budget I guess....!!
Budget where! Trying to do scrappage and my pension but neither complying!
Seat wise rear ones can get thrown out as don't need them.
It was amusing looking at an xsara kept showing pics of back seats like something magic? Said to my friend if they like them that much it's ok as will leave on there driveway!

Yes Car tax and thievery is a mission as friends 2.7tdi audi's had to be right years or Whack with a tax bill! older A4 avant is cheaper than later A6 all road same engine.

Many thanks food for thought!