Having had to jump-start my peugeot boxer van 2009 some reason now my radio won't turn on always electric windows don't

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Kevin gibbins
My Cars: Peugeot boxer autocruise

Having had to jump-start my peugeot boxer van 2009 some reason now my radio won't turn on always electric windows don't

Post by Kevin gibbins »

Hi can someone help had to jump-start my peugeot boxer van now my radio won't turn on nor my eletric windows don't work nor my eletric mirrors please help
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Having had to jump-start my peugeot boxer van 2009 some reason now my radio won't turn on always electric windows do

Post by wheeler »

Exactly where did you connect your positive & negative jump leads on the van?
Hopefully just a blown fuse or 2.
Kevin gibbins

Re: Having had to jump-start my peugeot boxer van 2009 some reason now my radio won't turn on always electric windows do

Post by Kevin gibbins »

Jump leads straight on battery's checked fuses they ok
Kevin gibbins

Post by Kevin gibbins »

Did to the main battery
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

Your Boxer van has an under bonnet booster/charging connection and an earth point also to avoid getting to the battery compartment. It is likely you have blown fuses.
The earth point looks like a "wrongly fitted bolt" - it is a longish small bolt that sticks out from the end of the bonnet landing panel.
Attachments
Opera Snapshot_2021-11-23_180813_www.google.com.png
Opera Snapshot_2021-11-23_180715_www.google.com.png
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The reason i was asking exactly where you connected is because the proper earth point you are meant to use (shown in the pic above) is not that obvious. The wiper motor bracket looks ideal to use as a negative as its nice clean bare metal, The problem is its on rubber mounts & the several hundred amps from the starter motor passes through the couple off mm thick wire & burns out the main under bonnet harness :shock:
I think later models actually have a warning sticker on this bracket now to warn you not to use it as an earth.
Yes check all the fuses, there may be more than one blown.