DS5 couple of issues.

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Buttwad
My Cars: Ds5 Dsport

DS5 couple of issues.

Post by Buttwad »

I own a 2012 DS5 D-sport, which I have had for 6 years problem free.
I now have 2 little issue, that I'm hoping other have experienced and can shed some light for me.
First one started today. Driving with no lights on , and it flagged up 'directional headlamps fault'
Auto lights came on later as it got darker and same error. It still activates the single driving light wjen turning the wheel, just the xenon no longer move.
Second fault, the passengers electric window will only drop a few inches at a time. Did read that it can be reset by dropping it, holding the button down, raise it and hold the button up, but this didn't do anything.
Of anyone can shed some light on these, or where to start that would be most gratefully received. Cheers guys.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DS5 couple of issues.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so lights:

Very likely to be the height corrector(s) on the axle. If these are sending invalid data to the headlamp correction ECU, then they will go into back up mode for safety reasons. Your lights will function perfectly normally, just without the directional movement.

The other light you are referring to are separate and nothing to do with the directional headlights - these are the static angular lights that just go on and off at a certain degree of wheel angle, but they do not move.

As for the window, this can happen of the battery has been disconnected and the anti pinch just needs resetting.

With engine running, ensure window is fully down
DON'T fully lift the button to raise the window, just hold it slightly to the first click to manually raise it. When the window stops, release and repeat - again just hold it gently to the first click until it stops again. Repeat this until the window fully reaches the top.
When the window is fully closed, hold the button again at the first click for a few seconds until you hear or feel a click.
This is the anti-pinch reinitialised.

Repeat on the other windows.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Buttwad

Post by Buttwad »

Cheers mate. Appreciate it, some where to start getting it fixed now.
Buttwad

Post by Buttwad »

Is the axle height corrector a changeable part, or is it not really worth the financial bother?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you've done the obvious thing like checking the electrical plugs on the sensors are OK (these can loosen) and maybe tried a little electrical contact cleaner in them, then it may be the sensor on the axles which are about £160 ish. It may be the ECU itself or the connection to it - so maybe worth a visit to the dealer. But I'd certainly try the simple things first (knowing the hard DS5 suspension, it's not hard to see the electrical connection coming loose).

A diagnostic, preferable with Diagbox really is a must though before changing parts as this may give some clues as to the nature of the fault and where the actual fault lies.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Buttwad

Post by Buttwad »

Again, thank you.