Need help to source O Ring seal for XUD camshaft end cover OEM P023647

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantom
My Cars: Renault 16 - my first car bought secondhand in 1980. Lasted a couple of months before dreadful rust brought it to an end.
Renault 18 estate petrol. Bought in 1981. only new car I've ever owned and only because it was tax free to Forces in Germany. Lasted 18 months before accident write off.
Renault 18 saloon petrol. bought in 1988. lasted 3 years before accident and repair cost ended it.
Xantia Esate TD. Bought in 2006. First Citroen and bought because of the suspension and potential to run on veg oil. Apart from a stint owning a doomed C5 estate I've owned nothing but Xantia TD saloons and estates since. All have Bosch pumps so veg oil since 2006 for me.

Need help to source O Ring seal for XUD camshaft end cover OEM P023647

Post by xantom »

Hi Folks, My Xantia Mk1 Estate has failed it's MOT partly for a serious oil leak. I think I've traced this to the cover on the end of the camshaft. I don't have the vacuum pump on my old lady. I've asked my local Citroen dealer and they say the O ring is no longer in production. I've got the part number from them as P023647 and wonder if any of you know how I can get one. Citroen tell me the inner diameter is 46mm but don't know the thickness. Any help greatly appreciated.
Tom
Tom
1998 Xantia Mk2 1.9TD Saloon
1996 Xantia 1.9TD Estate Mk1
(Previously Old Guy's)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Need help to source O Ring seal for XUD camshaft end cover OEM P023647

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's little other info available than what you already have, but confirmed as 46mm diameter. You need to remove the 'P' from the part number which is just 023647.

You can try these people, who a few of us have used including myself for steering rack seals:

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/

You can order in packs of 2 seals and customise the sizes required.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
xantom
My Cars: Renault 16 - my first car bought secondhand in 1980. Lasted a couple of months before dreadful rust brought it to an end.
Renault 18 estate petrol. Bought in 1981. only new car I've ever owned and only because it was tax free to Forces in Germany. Lasted 18 months before accident write off.
Renault 18 saloon petrol. bought in 1988. lasted 3 years before accident and repair cost ended it.
Xantia Esate TD. Bought in 2006. First Citroen and bought because of the suspension and potential to run on veg oil. Apart from a stint owning a doomed C5 estate I've owned nothing but Xantia TD saloons and estates since. All have Bosch pumps so veg oil since 2006 for me.

Re: Need Thanks Marc. Went to site and ordered what I beliehelp to source O Ring seal for XUD camshaft end cover OEM P02

Post by xantom »

Thanks Marc. I've ordered what I believe to be the right one from them. Expect it today or tomorrow and as soon as I've put the end cap on I'll run her a bit to see if I've cured the leak before taking her in for the MOT retest. Just got to hope that the new camshaft cover gasket and this o ring cure the MOT serious leak, I'm pretty sure it's not the head gasket as the oil traces from above it. Old cars are heaven and hell combined. The seal for the speedometer housing is leaking a bit too, not enough to warrant an MOT serious but irritating. They're flat circular gasket types so I'll have to try and find one of them too. It's like schroedinger's cat in a way, it was running fine until the MOT tester opened the box.
Tom
Tom
(Previously Old Guy's)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Good luck with it Tom and do let us know if the seals worked out ok for you - as it will help others too in future.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

While you're on the subject of O rings, I looked in my box to see if I could help but sorry not that one but I did find these in unopened Citroen packs:
10 of 1920.8F
1 of 1104.35
3 of1343.Z4
2 of 3010.24
1 of 6460.24
1 of0348.L1
No idea off hand what they fit, there are many more seals and O rings new but without packing.
Most of this stuff is destined for the tip shortly as it's time to have a clear out of all my parts and tools that I no longer have need of.
So if anyone's got room for them you can have them.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
xantom

Post by xantom »

Thanks guys. The o ring seems to be perfect. Had no luck finding the gasket seal for the speedometer housing so I've taken a chance and just cleaned it and it's location well. Citroen here in Stirling are very hard to get hold of. Won't accept customers without prior phone call and getting the parts dept to answer is highly frustrating. Nice when they do, but by the time you get them or they ring you back, you're struggling to suppress a homocidal urge. Just got to replace the gearbox oil and off to the MOT re-test tomorrow morning. I hope she passes because my wife and I much prefer her ride quality to anything else we've been in. I'll let you know how it goes.
Tom
Tom
(Previously Old Guy's)
xantom

Post by xantom »

Hi Guys. She passed. Apart from the oil leaks I had replaced 2 droplinks, had welding done on the rear sills, both sides, and bled all the brakes as they were just below minimum efficiency. I'd had significant LHM loss from a perished return pipe where it goes from quite thick to a bit narrower after it exits the accumulator. The system LHM was therefore mostly new but I kick myself for overlooking the cul-de-sac brake pipes. All sorted now, though. Thanks for your help.
Now that this one's street legal I'll set about replacing the gasket under the top half of the diesel pump in the other old lady, it's seeping a lot of fuel, more of a leak technically. I've got the gasket and now I'm just taking a metaphorical deep breath before trying to do this with the pump in situ.
Tom
Tom
(Previously Old Guy's)