Xantia Mk2: window regulator stuck in bottom position :-(

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

marsalek
My Cars: Xantia X2 HDi109
C5 X7 HDi240

Xantia Mk2: window regulator stuck in bottom position :-(

Post by marsalek »

Dear colleagues,

on my Xantia Mk2 the front passenger window regulator is stuck in the lowest position. I am gathering some hints before I start the operation this afternoon :-) How to disengage the glass from the lifter, when it is jammed in the lowest position? I suspect the cables are wound around something and the motor does not move. When the window button is pressed, the cabin lights get slightly dimmed, so I think, the motor is energised but cannot move.

Thanks for any tips!
Karel
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Re: Xantia Mk2: window regulator stuck in bottom position :-(

Post by admiral51 »

Sounds like the cable has broken so whilst the motor works it is probably winding the cable around itself.
From memory once the door card and inner skin ( plastic sheet ) has been removed you will be able to access the bolts that hold the channels the glass moves up and down in.
Cannot remember if MK1 or MK2 had a hole in the glass to locate it or if it is just a small runner about 2-4 inches that holds it in place.
It will be obvious once you get the door card and inner skin off and the glass itself can be removed easily enough and again from memory you need the window wound down to do the job ( makes it easier).
I also think the speaker itself is held in by pop rivets, these can be drilled out and replaced by alternative fixings but i could be thinking about the C5 X7 on that bit.

Colin
marsalek
My Cars: Xantia X2 HDi109
C5 X7 HDi240

Re: Xantia Mk2: window regulator stuck in bottom position :-(

Post by marsalek »

Hi Colin, thanks for the Tipps & Tricks!
Nice regards, Karel