Help, 2008 207 1.6 HDi wont run after replacing and coding new injectors!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PugDwnUndr
My Cars: Peugeot 207 1.6 HDi

Help, 2008 207 1.6 HDi wont run after replacing and coding new injectors!

Post by PugDwnUndr »

Hi guys, I am hoping for some pointers and advice to a problem I have encountered.

I recently had to change the injector seals on my 2008 5 speed manual 207 Touring 1.6HDi with the DV6TED4 engine, as I was experiencing the infamous "chuffing" sounds and fumes coming from the engine bay. I followed a few YouTube tutorials and did the job myself. What I found was 3 heavily carbonized injector sleeves (Bosch EDC16C32 injectors), saying it was an EFFORT to remove the injectors is an understatement.

After Removing the injectors (took the cap off injector 3 when trying to remove it), cleaning up the sleeves and installing new seals (copper, rubber and plastic) then reinstalling the old injectors, I started the engine and experienced bellows of whit/grey smoke coming from the exhaust, a knocking sound coming from the injectors, a possible leak from the turbo and the car also displayed a message saying "DPF faulty". I decided it was a smart move to remove the injectors and get them tested by an expert. After testing, 2 of the 4 injectors were found to be faulty, especially number 3, so I bought 2 new injectors (lucky they were readily available and in stock). I then installed the 2 new injectors and the 2 old working injectors, started the engine and found that it would only run for 5-10 seconds before stalling (no more knocking sound), I did some further research and read somewhere on this forum that the new injectors must be electronically coded into the vehicles ECU. I don't have a tool to do that so I called a mobile mechanic who could. after the new codes were input into ECU, I attempted to run the engine again, this time same result, running for 5-10 seconds before cutting out, however, with the diagnostics tool attached, two fault codes were displayed:

- P1351 Pre/post heating relay circuit relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied
- P0470 Differential exhaust pressure signal *Coherence on starting

The mechanic suspected the bad injector may have poured too much fuel and clogged or damaged the DPF. He suggested disconnecting the dump valve or DPF to see if the car can run to prove its a DPF issue.

My question is, is the mechanics suggestion a viable option in testing whether the DPF is causing the issue of not running longer than a few seconds?

Thanks guys, I appreciate any help and input you have!
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Help, 2008 207 1.6 HDi wont run after replacing and coding new injectors!

Post by wheeler »

PugDwnUndr wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 23:37 . He suggested disconnecting the dump valve or DPF to see if the car can run to prove its a DPF issue.

My question is, is the mechanics suggestion a viable option in testing whether the DPF is causing the issue of not running longer than a few seconds?
There is no dump valve on this car.
Yes, disconnecting the DPF should prove if the exhaust is blocked or not. The engine will sound very noisy & you will likely get warning lights & messages coming up but it should still run & rev up. Another thing that can cause similar symptoms like this is a stuck open EGR valve, again if you disconnect the pipe that goes to it from the exhaust it should let it breath & allow it to run.
PugDwnUndr

Post by PugDwnUndr »

Thank you Wheeler,
I removed the DPF today and it was caked up with soot. from the look of it I suspect that it was the culprit. I will take it to get professionally cleaned and update you on the status of the car after I reinstall the DPF.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Did you try running the engine with the DPF removed to confirm this is the issue?
PugDwnUndr

Post by PugDwnUndr »

Not yet, the battery was flat... so I am giving it a few hours of charging before trying to start it. I will attempt to run it in the morning (its 10:30pm here in Australia) and get back to you ASAP.

On a side note, is a cheeky DPF delete something that people do on these diesel peugeots? My DPF has given me troubles in the past and I am curious as to whether that could be an option in the future.

thanks again for your interest and help
PugDwnUndr

Post by PugDwnUndr »

I just reconnected the battery and turned on the car, it began running after a few turns of the key. It ran smoothly with no hiccups, so I feel confident that the DPF is the reason for my troubles (it was truly caked up with soot).