407 Coupe 2.7 Hdi Oil Vapour remove

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kdaniel1999
My Cars: Peugot 407 Coupe 2.7 Hdi

407 Coupe 2.7 Hdi Oil Vapour remove

Post by kdaniel1999 »

Hello guys!

I have a 407 coupe 2.7 Hdi ,it's leaking coolant and it comes from the middle of the V6 because there's lot of standing water there. I already changed the water outlet house/thermostat house it didn't help. So my guess is the oil cooler that leaks at the gasket i took out 6 from the 8 bolts but to remove the last two bolts i have to remove the oil vapour from there i don't see any screws holding and it only moves very little. Can anybody help how to remove it?

Thanks,

Dani
cit-rotti
Donor 2024
My Cars: C5R; C5X7; C6; SM

Re: 407 Coupe 2.7 Hdi Oil Vapour remove

Post by cit-rotti »

Hi there,
the thing is not screwed, just plugged in.
With a strong jerk - with a lot of courage - pull up.
I use a strong plastic cable tie and an impact puller. One powerful blow and the thing is out.
Greetings Wolfgang
kdaniel1999

Post by kdaniel1999 »

Thank you :) Will try it tomorrow.
cit-rotti
Donor 2024
My Cars: C5R; C5X7; C6; SM

Post by cit-rotti »

Hi there,
additional information:
I had to do this work on a C6 2.7 HDI - the engine and parts should be exactly the same.
This oil / water / diesel exchanger has an O-ring at the transition from the water outlet house / thermostat house - maybe only this one is leaking and needs to be replaced - it should actually always be replaced.
But the heat exchanger itself and not just the seal can be defective. Have you already checked but there is no oil in the water or, conversely, there is also water in the oil.
And not only the oil vapor part has to be removed, but also the connection strips from the glow plugs and the knock sensor on the rear bank. As well as the diesel connection for the injection nozzles and for the return line. It's all very tight and tight.
It is a relief if the diesel return on the injection pump is removed and the thermostatic valve 1920HN is unscrewed beforehand and dismantled with the return.
Greetings Wolfgang
kdaniel1999

Post by kdaniel1999 »

I managed to remove the vapour after i removed the fuel filter the cap just stuck under it. I took off the knock sensor and the glow plugs connection strips now i need space on the high pressure pump side to be able to lift out. There's standing was lot of standing water around the oil cooler unit and it's black. i also managed to take out the gasket which seems like damaged in two locations. In the afternoon i try to lift out the oil cooler unit.

Greetings Dani