Peugeot 308 09 abs warning light on

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

articar

Peugeot 308 09 abs warning light on

Post by articar »

The ABS warning light suddenly came on. Appears again when engine re started. It came on while driving, not braking at the time. I'm going to check the break light switch and wiring inside rear light housings as some time ago we had a problem with a rear light not working, an auto electrician sorted it. I seem to remember an earthing fault was the reason then. I'll post what I find.
gwest
(Donor 2020)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Daihatsu Rocky diesel 1984
2013 Citroen DS5 THP165
2011 DS3 THP 150

Re: Peugeot 308 09 abs warning light on

Post by gwest »

It would be useful to run a scanner over the car that can talk to the ABS brake module and report faults. You should also be able to check if all four wheel sensors are giving the correct vehicle speed. Sensor problems seem common but so do electrical faults in the ABS module. Fortunately this can be separated from the hydraulic unit so there is no need to undo brake lines etc. There are places that test and repair these units. Of course you will probably need to remove the front bumper to gain access but this is largely a psychological barrier.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Peugeot 308 09 abs warning light on

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't see how the braking lights have anything to do with the ABS circuit - they are on a totally different circuit and also have different earthing points.

If the ABS light is coming on permanently, and does not go out after the car is started, then there is a problem with the ABS system.

You do need it properly diagnosing, preferably with Diagbox and then post the fault codes up here, along with your VIN and we will be able to advise further.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc