Strange high pitch noise when ignition on

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dilby
My Cars: Citroen Relay

Strange high pitch noise when ignition on

Post by dilby »

Hi all - I've got a 2017 Citroen Relay van that is making a strange high pitch noise when the ignition is on. It's not too noisy, but when youre sitting in the van or outside it you can hear it. I'm planning on converting this to a camper and it'd certainly drive me nuts over time. I've tried to pinpoint the noise but it's really hard - definitely coming from the main portion of the engine under the hood - i think the portion that is covered by the cover, but again it's so hard to pinpoint. Does anyone know what this might be? I can't really tell if it's something spinning at high speed, or an actual electronic beep or something else. If it helps my battery drained a little while ago; have recharged now but not sure if related (I hadn't driven it for a few weeks, so not unheard of although it did seem to drain fast.)

I've uploaded the sound here: https://phpstack-437894-1877511.cloudwa ... histle.m4a - grateful for any help. Thanks!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Strange high pitch noise when ignition on

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That sounds normal to me while the ignition is on. It should stop shortly after the ignition is switched off though. Part of the electronics.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Strange high pitch noise when ignition on

Post by wheeler »

100% normal, can come from various actuators, normally the motorised throttle units. As said it should stop within a few minutes of switching the ignition off.