Xsara Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Puzzled
My Cars: Picasso 2007

Xsara Picasso

Post by Puzzled »

Any help would be appreciated please. My fan stopped working so a friend took a look. Since then my lights won’t turn off, main beam, washer jets and heater and air con have stopped working.
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Re: Xsara Picasso

Post by Dormouse »

Your original fault was on the Engine Cooling Fan and has now included several other apparently unrelated circuits. Could be fuse box related. Has the fuse box area got wet or been soaked during washing/cleaning? Your handbook will give you the exact location of the fuses for the various things that are affected. Check all the fuses and keep an eye out for surface corrosion/ deposits / dampness on any fuses you examine. Has any work been done recently that might have affected the wiring harnesses for instance. Any parts been replaced?