The worst car maker, my DS7 experience

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Philipdw21
New User
My Cars: DS7 E Tense

The worst car maker, my DS7 experience

Post by Philipdw21 »

I have attended quite a few meetings at PSA HQ, and heard speeches from Executives that their target is to be best for Quality and Customer Satisfaction.

I completely regret believing this complete fabrication before ordering a fully loaded DS7 E-tense as my company car.

Groupe PSA /DS/Stellantis have zero interest in customers, zero interest in doing a good job, they just want to appear good in from of their CEO Tavares and get cars out of the door.

I have owned this car for 18 months and it has broken down 5 times, and been in the garage countless times - but never fixed.

The Dealer gave the car back last time saying that he could not fix it and just shrugged his shoulders.

-It would not drive in electric mode because it said "ambient conditions not suitable".

Currently the car has been with a DS Dealer since August 17th and PSA Head Office is trying to fix it. Today is October 6th.

When it broke down I pressed the emergency button, it rang, was answered and then the phone was put down. 4 times this happened.

The head of DS customer Service is meant to be handling my case now, but I have not heard from her for 2 weeks. - The last time I emailed to ask for an update I receive an auto- reply "O,O,O back on Monday"- which I assume means Out of Office.

I never did get a call back and had to chase.

If you read this Mr Tavares then you should be ashamed.

Your team are terrified of you, you have the reputation to walk around and fire people and you are not seeing the picture that your end-users are seeing.

Your cars and service is comparable to British Leyland in the 1970s.

Shame on you and your team.

Never again......
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: The worst car maker, my DS7 experience

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sounds like you have had your share of issues!

You haven't mentioned the other faults it had apart from not driving in electric mode. All I can say on this, is that with all the modern electronics, there are conditions that have to be met for certain operating modes. It's like the Stop Start systems - there is a list as long as your arm where the system will not stop the engine - or will restart the engine prematurely according to internal and external factors. There is so much system monitoring and so many factors to be taken into account, that it's no wonder they don't work half the time.

Not a great car by all accounts and from others we have also heard of poor ride, skipping / sliding at the rear, electronic faults and other issues.

Surely if this was a company car, I would be approaching the finance company for some remedial action - but the manufacturer is obligated to fix or repair it whilst in warranty and that can be a PITA having to sort out courtesy cars all the time. You have my sympathies - it's not a vehicle I would have if given one for free though.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

We used to call them Friday afternoon cars back in the BL days.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Iansel
My Cars: DS7, VW ID.3, Triumph TR3,
Gone - BMW 123, Megans , Grand Scenics, Xantia, Renault 21, Peugeot 405

Post by Iansel »

I had a similar sort of experience with an expensive SMEG oven this summer. After faffing around for seven weeks with customer support I found the email of the chief exec and the issue was resolved in less than a week!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's the way - although I'm still waiting to hear back from the Chairman of Samsung regarding my Soundbar that fell off the wall due to cheap plastic! :-D

Marc
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I wouldn't buy a new car even if I could afford one. They need to be out there for a while to see what develops. I think the best car Peugeot have ever made was the 406, took me a long time to find that out though. I have had CX,s BX's XM's and now the C5, they have all been pretty good but each model gets more complicated and difficult to repair, that's the nature of them, but they were probably the best riding domestic cars on the market.

Peter
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

I suspect Philipdw21 only joined to make a single derogatory post about PSA/DS/Stellantis and will never be seen again.

He joined on Wed Oct 06, 2021 at 2:02 pm, made the post at 2:17 pm and was last active at 2:19 pm. He's probably making the same post on every forum he joins.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, clocked that Paul, but was hoping to get some more details of the other faults mentioned as there are other unhappy DS7 owners here and elsewhere and I wanted to get a better understanding of some of the more common issues, for what still is a relatively new model.

Marc
John-DS
My Cars: DS3 Crossback

Post by John-DS »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 17:22 We used to call them Friday afternoon cars back in the BL days.
Yep or Monday morning
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Paul-R wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 13:13 I suspect Philipdw21 only joined to make a single derogatory post about PSA/DS/Stellantis and will never be seen again.
He joined on Wed Oct 06, 2021 at 2:02 pm, made the post at 2:17 pm and was last active at 2:19 pm. He's probably making the same post on every forum he joins.
You could be right, Paul. Time will tell.
His post did make unusual reading.
Chris
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

I am inclined to agree there and would suggest that if he does not respond within say 7 days then this thread be deleted in its entirety!! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Bradford_DS7
New User
My Cars: ****D S 7*****

Post by Bradford_DS7 »

I'm in the same boat I have a DS7 2018 with 19,000 on the clock. Here are my problems that started in January and I'm still having issues. The worst customer service experience I have had with DS Manchester the dealership is Robin Day appalling service from general manager to customer service and everyone else in between. It's thanks to DS customer service that things have moved forward.

1. Driver seat will not move forward
lucky I'm talk but not so lucky for my partner it's now sorted with a new frame.

2. Air condition issue it is blowing warm air.

3. The bonnet will not open and hasn’t opened since the car has been in last time, even though I have mentioned this numerous times. There is no screen wash and its getting difficult to drive the car.

4. Fault on engine appears and wouldn’t start for about 30 minutes and was fine there after

5. The central locking is also an issue some times the car will open when I pull the door handle and sometimes it wont. Even from the unlock button in the car it wont sometimes open so I have to use the key to open the door or plus the handle to open the door from inside

6. Front wiper blades

7. Error keeps coming up from time to time that all 4 tyre pressure is low on checking they are fine

8. sometimes when you start the car it miss fires.

9. Both rear lights steam up and full of water.

10. The blind spot sensors works intermittently.

11. The car smokes a lot plus when you accelerate to speed up there is thick smoke that you can see anything in the rear view mirror other than thick smoke.

From April to October the cars been in the garage 4 times for 3 to 5 weeks and you get the usual can't find the fault.

Worst car I've ever bought always bought new cars but this one has been one of the worst for sure.

Any ideals of what I should do? The smoking is still a problem most of the others are now resolved. Also been getting electric shock when touching the stop and start button to start the car is anyone else experiencing similar issues with their DS7?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Where to start? :shock:

Smoke - I'm assuming you have a diesel. With a diesel of this year there should be NO smoke. The particle filter should be doing it's job so the only occasional smoke nay be from the car regenerating the particle filter where it is burning the soot off. If the vehicle is only driven for short journeys, it may not be getting the opportunity to regenerate the particle filter. It needs to reach about 450 °C with assistance or 550 °C for natural regeneration to occur.

If it can't get up to temperature you should get a warning of 'Risk of Clogging' or similar, where you need to go for a good drive to allow the engine to get to temperature.

Rear Lights This is a known issue and these would of been replaced under warranty. Not sure what sort of warranty or extended warranty you have, but I would certainly recommend you take out a DS extended warranty if possible on this car.

Blind Spot Sensors These work using the ultrasonic sensors on the outside of the vehicle (used for parking). You should have sideways pointing ones in addition to the front and rear sensors in the bumpers. Sometimes these can get dirty with a lot of grime and grease, so careful washing with some car shampoo and warm water should clear up the issue. However if you are having issues with parking sensors (especially if you have semi automatic parking) you should be getting a warning when engaging reverse gear if any of the sensors are faulty.

Door Handle Sensor I assume you have hands-free access and starting. The sensors in the door handles can become faulty - try cleaning inside the handles, but if the unit is persistently failing, then it may need a new sensor / handle, or just use the fob to lock / unlock, but extended warranty would cover this.

Air Conditioning Could be several things - when was the A/C circuit last checked / re-gassed? It may need a re-gas, especially if it has a leak in the circuit.

Bonnet Release Sounds like the bonnet mechanism is out of alignment or the cable is faulty.

Not much help, but these are the things I am aware of that can affect these systems.

Marc
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello Bradford_DS7, and :welc: to the Forum. I am sorry you are in the position that you have to complain about your new car; NO driver should be in that position. It seems that some of your problems stem from poor aftercare (which could be down to lack of knowledge/experience of the problems).
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 06 Nov 2021, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderator Edited
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!