Seatbelt and airbag pretensioner warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MisterPaul13
My Cars: Citroen C5

Seatbelt and airbag pretensioner warning light

Post by MisterPaul13 »

Hello !! Can someone please help me ?? I have 2010 C5 X7 1.6 diesel. I failed MOT because seatbelt was frayed. I bought second hand belt from breakers yard and they also fitted it for me. Now when I turn ignition on, there is airbag/seatbelt pretensioner warning light for a few seconds. It then goes out, but "service" warning light stays on. Breakers yard did not disconnect battery before fitting belt. Any idea of what I can do now, to make warning lights go out ?? Breakers yard don't want to know 🙁
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Seatbelt and airbag pretensioner warning light

Post by wheeler »

The fault codes my just need cleared but normally if the fault is not present any more the warning light/message should go back off after cycling the ignition off & on.
They may not have plugged it in properly?
MisterPaul13

Post by MisterPaul13 »

Thank you for your reply !! I will take your advice.
MisterPaul13

Post by MisterPaul13 »

Just a few words to say.... My mechanic used diagnostic device, which said code fault is P0698 "pretensioner resistance too low". Can anyone give me any advice ?? Tomorrow my mechanic will use my old seatbelt mechanism, with belt I bought in breakers yard, to see will that make a difference. I'm worried it will not be successful. Only have this problem since changing seatbelt 🙁 I will let you all know how I get on.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

As you never had the problem before changing the seat belt I reckon it has to either be a faulty seat belt or there is an issue with the connection to it. Plugging the old unit back in will confirm.
MisterPaul13

Post by MisterPaul13 »

Thank you for your reply, Wheeler !! I'm glad to say problem has been solved !! 🙂 Mechanic accidentally broke one of the wiring connections when replacing seatbelt. All is fine now, I'm glad and relieved to say. Thank you again !!