Newbie from west yorkshire

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Noblepicasso
My Cars: C4 grand picasso 2.0 bluehdi

Newbie from west yorkshire

Post by Noblepicasso »

After a few month of viewing this forum trying to diagnose my car troubles (to no avail) i thought i'd pop by and say hi.
I'm Gary, i've got a 2014 c4 grand picasso which has been fantastic for the last three years until recently so i'm hoping some of you clever people can help me.

I have the parking brake fault coming up and the parking brake won't engage, after reading up on it i was leaning towards a broken wire so i bought a lexia to try get a fault code. Only problem is on the global test when it gets to ABS/ESP it says no communication but reads the rest of the car with no problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

I went to citroen today and asked if they could give or sell me a schematic of the parking brake system, unfortunately they won't.

so does anyone have access to a schematic? and also the location of the ABS/ECU module because my dad is going to help me check for any open circuit's.

Any help is greatly appreciated, i have tried to do as much research as possible so i don't have to ask a question that has already been asked a thousand times but here i am :?

Thanks in advance. Gary
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Newbie from west yorkshire

Post by mickthemaverick »

Hi Gary and :welc: to the forum.
You will be able to get all the help you need on here but you will have to make a contribution of a minimum £10 to qualify you for parts infprmation for the next 2 years. I suggest you post up details of your problem in the Citroen part of the forum and an admin man will be able to help. You will need to post up your VIN which will be automatically blanked so only admin staff will be able to read it. Good luck! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Noblepicasso
My Cars: C4 grand picasso 2.0 bluehdi

Re: Newbie from west yorkshire

Post by Noblepicasso »

Thanks for the welcome and help Mick.
I'll give that a go cheers