Citroen C4 Picasso 2011 1.6hdi turbo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andyw88
My Cars: Citroen c4

Citroen C4 Picasso 2011 1.6hdi turbo

Post by Andyw88 »

First time messing with a Citroen usually stick to Renault's. However picked up a Citroen C4 1.6hdi with a blown turbo. Replaced turbo emptied and clean oil from intercooler and pipes and intake pipes, and now it's in limp mode won't rev over 1500rpm. No eml but the screen says engine repair needed when starting.
Plugged it into a cheap obd reader and doesn't find any codes. Engine sounds lovely but the ECU as set a rev limit of 1500rpm. As anyone got any ideas on what to do next? I'm thinking dpf but wouldn't a pollution message come up rather than engine repair? Any help would be great starting to become frustrating. Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Citroen C4 Picasso 2011 1.6hdi turbo

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

You really need to get a proper diagnostic tool on it as many of the generic ones are pretty useless reading anything other than standard OBD II codes - when they can. Lexia / Diagbox are recommended to find out what it's not happy about. I'd forget the DPF at present as that would provide separate warnings most if it was clogging.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Andyw88
My Cars: Citroen c4

Post by Andyw88 »

Will get a lexia3 ordered, took the outlet pipe off the turbo and there's a mist of oil so the used eBay turbo wasnt the best idea lol will try and get a kit for it I think rather than messing around getting another one that could be knackered. Still think the turbos working though so the problem will still need the lexia3 . The 1.6hdi is a nightmare
Datadogie
My Cars: 2009 Citroen picasso exlusive satnav

Post by Datadogie »

If you are getting lexia. Check out eBay, Gumtree or Facebook marketplace for a cheap laptop with Windows 7 32bit. I got one, looks nearly new for £60. Saves a lot of headache trying to run in a VirtualBox.