Where is it ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

killie7788
My Cars: Berlingo XTR 2013

Where is it ?

Post by killie7788 »

Hi
Have a Berlingo XTR 2013. I decided to change the Fuel Filter I ordered a Delphi filter assuming this would be correct for this vehicle. I located the filter on the Drivers side way back of the engine. It appears to be a metal filter housing so the delphi is no good .
When looking around the engine I noticed the Brake Servo Drum was on the passenger side. Am I right in thinking this was originally a left hand drive. Perhaps converted to Right Hand drive.The other thing I was looking for the EGR valve hoping to remove and clean.. would this be on the passenger or Drivers side ?
Many Thanks
Ian
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Where is it ?

Post by wheeler »

Which engine size do you have & is it petrol or diesel?
Its not unusual for the servo to be at the left side of the car on french cars (the majority probably are) the brake pedal is normally connected via a linkage bar.
killie7788

Post by killie7788 »

Thanks for the Reply
It's a 1.6 Hdi 90 bhp
Just a bit confused why the Fuel filter is on the Drivers side ?
Thanks
Ian
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

killie7788 wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 14:27
Just a bit confused why the Fuel filter is on the Drivers side ?
Why would't they? A fuel filter could be located just about anywhere on the outside of the vehicle.
The EGR valve is at the back of the engine at the gearbox end, can be a bit of a pain to get out. Unless there is a big issue with the EGR valve it might be better just to use some wynns EGR cleaner spray, its used with the EGR valve still in situ.
killie7788

Post by killie7788 »

Thanks for the reply
I tried to get the error valve out but it was a total nightmare. Looked like I'd need to take the windscreen scuttle out to properly access the egr.. Will leave for now and try some of that egr cleaner
Thanks
Ian