C4 PICASSO EXCL AIRDREAM 1.6 e-HDI -Lack Of A Spare Wheel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

iankearns
My Cars: 2013 (reg 2014) C4 PICASSO EXCL AIRDREAM 1.6 e-HDI

C4 PICASSO EXCL AIRDREAM 1.6 e-HDI -Lack Of A Spare Wheel

Post by iankearns »

Hi there, have had our C4 for about 3 years now but only recently became concerned that our car doesn't have a spare wheel (mainly after driving very tough roads in rural Ireland) so I am looking to rectify.

The can of sealant that comes as the Citroen stop gap doesn't do me with reassurance and is likely useless view anyway.

Our car is a C4 PICASSO EXCL AIRDREAM 1.6 e-HDI and the wheel size is 205/55R17 but I cannot find a space saver to the right replacement.

Would welcome any suggestions as to what would be the better wheel to buy

TIA

Ian
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Re: C4 PICASSO EXCL AIRDREAM 1.6 e-HDI -Lack Of A Spare Wheel

Post by Dormouse »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. Are your wheels 4 stud or 5? 2013 is at a model change point.
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

I sort of had the same problem, my 3008 only had a space saver wheel, and we go to France often, didn't fancy travelling back to the Uk with a space saver stuck on it. My daughter had a 308 that got written off, before they took the car away we took the spare wheel (it was a full size alloy one) Used that as a spare until I sold the car. Maybe have a look at the area where the spare would go to see if a full size wheel would fit, maybe take off one of your wheels to see it it fits, then visit a scrappy to see about getting one. You would also need the jack etc. Hope the wheel would have been in the boot and not slung under the back of the car, whole new problems.
Steve

C5 2.2hdi auto until I sell it (sold it) now have Peugeot 3008 1.6HDI (Now sold)
Had the jab a couple of days ago. Feb 21
iankearns

Post by iankearns »

Dormouse wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 17:58 Hello and welcome to the Forum. Are your wheels 4 stud or 5? 2013 is at a model change point.
Had to go outside to check (!), it is the 5 stud model
iankearns

Post by iankearns »

civvie wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 18:01 I sort of had the same problem, my 3008 only had a space saver wheel, and we go to France often, didn't fancy travelling back to the Uk with a space saver stuck on it. My daughter had a 308 that got written off, before they took the car away we took the spare wheel (it was a full size alloy one) Used that as a spare until I sold the car. Maybe have a look at the area where the spare would go to see if a full size wheel would fit, maybe take off one of your wheels to see it it fits, then visit a scrappy to see about getting one. You would also need the jack etc. Hope the wheel would have been in the boot and not slung under the back of the car, whole new problems.
Certainly only space for a space saver under the floor of the boot mat. Currently occupied by a piece of purpose cut filler expanded foam and the air compressor / sealant injector device. Ideally I am thinking if I can get a jack, wheel brace etc from a C4 being advertised for spares/repairs. Looking underneath the care then there is a plastic guard which pretty much spans the whole underside of the car so whatever I get is going on the inside
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

try spare wheels direct in Bellshill - they have complete spacesaver kits for C4s. The have an ebay shop. My wife's uncle got a complete kit from them for his car.
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

When I had an 11-plate Meriva, I had the same issue before a trip to Spain. I bought a space-saver and jack from the local scrappy, and cut the foam insert that was filling the wheel well to fit it.
iankearns

Post by iankearns »

Michel wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 19:45 When I had an 11-plate Meriva, I had the same issue before a trip to Spain. I bought a space-saver and jack from the local scrappy, and cut the foam insert that was filling the wheel well to fit it.
Daft question but a lot of the space savers that I have seen for C4 Picasso models are 16" but our alloys are 17", the description on some of the 16" space savers say "suitable for 16, 17 and 18" models" - is that right?