Hello from the Faroe Islands

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

AtraHasis
My Cars: Citroën C5 Saloon 2.2 HDi Exclusive (2008)

Hello from the Faroe Islands

Post by AtraHasis »

Hi, I’ve recently bought a Citroën C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive from 2008.
I’m very happy with my purchase, although I do have some problems with the LDS tank and pump, that I’ll go into details about in the appropriate forum.

My previous car was a Suzuki Wagon R+ from 2004, that I drove until the very end.

I’m looking forward to learning more about my car on this forum. :)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Hello from the Faroe Islands

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. I know the Faroe Isles have the shortest commercial flight in the world (in that it only takes a couple of minutes from lift off to touch down).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westray_t ... ray_flight
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Hi and :welc: from me too. Have a good look round from the board index above and join in whatever appeals to you. I remember as a 5 or 6 year old coming across the Faroe Islands for the first time when browsing my Dad's atlas and I misread it as the Faroff Islands :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

AtraHasis wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 11:47 Faroe Islands....
You may be surprised to know that the Faroe Islands has been mentioned on this forum, mostly by me :-D

To recap
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 12:49 ....Our next door neighbours for a time were a family from the Faroe Islands, and when they came over they bought two new cars from Belgium to take back to the Faroes. One of them was a Toyota Crown Super Saloon, the other a Mazda 616 both popular models in the Faroes but considerably cheaper in Belgium at the time.

I remember they got them "Zeibarted" straight away. Do people still Zeibart vehicles now :?:

Regards Neil
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 11:30 Nice stamp of the Smyril (merlin) too...havent thought about it for a while.

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 10:16 ... Back in 1979 I had my one and only trip so far on the far North Line, going from Inverness up to Thurso and thence to Scrabster to get on board the Smyril and head off for a holiday in the Faroe Islands.

Smyril IV struggling with the sea
Erik Christensen, CC BY-SA 3.0 <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>, via Wikimedia Commons
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 08:50 Never been to Iceland myself but did visit the Faroe Islands 40 odd years ago. Decent market for Mazda and Toyota in those days, everyone seemed to be driving round in a Japanese car!
WElcome to the Forum!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey