Bluetooth module pinout

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Med_tech3
My Cars: Citroen C3 1.6 Auto
Peugeot 207 1.4 hdi

Bluetooth module pinout

Post by Med_tech3 »

I recently installed what I thought was an RD45 head unit into my C3. It came from a Peugeot 207 with bluetooth. Unfortunately I found out it is a RD4 with a separate bluetooth module. I managed to find the bluetooth module (it was above the glovebox on the 207) and removed it. I also removed the aux/usb socket and the microphone from the car too. I wanted to take the bluetooth module connector loom as well as I am planning to fit it into the C3. Some of the cables were for the aux/usb and three twisted together went to the head unit but some went elsewhere. I chopped those back but now I really need a pinout or someone with experience of these modules to let me know what the other wires are for. I assume two are for the microphone - the microphone wires in the interior light are twisted grey and brown but there are no matching cables on the module.
I have three pairs of cut wires - a pink and green which were headed towards the steering column so I assume they were power, a twisted red and brown and a blue and orange.

Can anyone help? Is it worth trying to install the module into the C3 (I don't think the C3 has any of the dedicated wiring for bluetooth) or should I just spend 75 quid on a RD45 and try to sell the RD4 and module on Ebay?

PS I have installed the display from the 207 into the C3 so it has the bluetooth options available.

Thanks for any assistance :)
Med_tech3
My Cars: Citroen C3 1.6 Auto
Peugeot 207 1.4 hdi

Re: Bluetooth module pinout

Post by Med_tech3 »

btw the bluetooth module is made by Continental and has a separate connection for usb. There are lots of numbers on the sticker so I am not sure what is the part number. The numbers are: 1/13751/715423444/11053, sw1.82, S180073002 M , 96 753 595 80, 03 08169
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Bluetooth module pinout

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I really wouldn't bother with it - get an RD45. The wiring is simpler and cuts out an intermediate stage.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc