C4 Picasso Piloted Manual Gearbox

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rudybanki
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2011.03.16 Diesel

C4 Picasso Piloted Manual Gearbox

Post by rudybanki »

Hello. I am new to the forum. Recently purchased a 2011 C4 Grand Picasso.
Unfortunately lost some of the transmission fluid (oil) while I was changing the front suspension.
I would like to refill the auto transmission but I have no idea what type of oil shall I put in. When I started to check online I keep getting confusing information.
I'd like help from the nice guy who offered to check the gearbox type by the VF number.
Ours is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Would you be able to confirm the type of oil I should use and also can you advise a method how to determine how much oil I should refill it with?
Cheers
Rudy
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C4 Picasso Piloted Manual Gearbox

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Rudy - I have moved your post into a new topic as you don't have an automatic transmission - and that thread where you posted was specifically for automatics.

You have a manual gearbox and a manual clutch like a normal car, that has electro hydraulic actuators to do the gear shifting and clutch operations for you. I was wondering how you could possibly manage to lose fluid from a proper automatic gearbox whist changing the suspension as the gearbox oil is all in the gearbox.

So I think what you are referring to is that you have somehow damaged some part of the piloted system that is at the front right side of the car as you look at it facing the bonnet.

These are the main components:
rudy piloted.PNG
(1) Actuator electro-hydraulics.
(2) Actuator electro-pump.

So have you damaged a pipe somewhere? I would be very careful too as the system is under high pressure, so don't undo any pipes.
Where is the leak coming from? Before the oil in the reservoir can be topped up, the hydraulic system needs to be depressurised with a diagnostic tool and then measured, otherwise you run the risk of over-filling it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc