207 not cranking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hungryhaggis
My Cars: Peugeot 207 (2007)

207 not cranking

Post by hungryhaggis »

Just bought a 2007 Peogeot as a first car for my 17yr old. Its currently a 'non-runner' but intend to use as a project to get him on the road. I dont have the history of the vehicle however the symptoms are as follow ....

Battery is good and has power
Turn the key and the ignition lights come on as expected
The dash shows an "anti pollution" fault however Ive read various blogs on this
When I turn the key to the start position I only get a "click" inside the car .... no cranking
Its not a solenoid problem as I can connect directly to the solenoid terminal and the vehicle cranks OK (but didnt start)
When I connect a tester to the OBD2 port it doesnt connect to the car, ie cant find the vehicle. Not clear if this is due to the cheap / simple tester (but the tester connects first time to my VW so assume its OK)
I removed the ECU to check the plugs and terminals .... and can see that one plug shows signs of corrosion, ie blue "power" (but the pins look OK and complete)

So, my current thinking is that I may have an ECU or ECU-wiring issue.

Any thoughts ?

A few additional questions as a newbie to this site :-
1) Any suggestions on a good workshop manual for a 207 ... have a Haynes manual but thats only useful for mechanical issues and Im keen to get good / clear wiring diagrams and diagnostic info ?
2) How do I determine the "naming" of the plugs on the ECU ....Ive seen 3-letter codes on some wiring diagrams but unclear how these relate to the phyiscal plugs on the ECU ?
dumbrill
My Cars: Peugeot 207 1.4v 16V

Re: 207 not cranking

Post by dumbrill »

It sounds as if you have a similar problem to the one that I've described in a thread below. Unfortunately I've had no luck so far. The biggest obstacle is the lack of any wiring diagrams.
hungryhaggis
My Cars: Peugeot 207 (2007)

Re: 207 not cranking

Post by hungryhaggis »

My issue appears to be ECU related .... on closer inspection of the connectors on the top of the ECU I spotted one of the pins had corroded so I decided to open the ECU to attempt to bypass the pin .... only to find the unit was full (and I mean full!) of water !!.