Front bumper

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Munch ATG
My Cars: 2013 DS4 (daily driver)
C3 Picasso (mothers taxi)
BMW 420D (a little something for the weekend)

Front bumper

Post by Munch ATG »

Hi guys. Sad post, unfortunately it is time to sell my trusty 2013 ds4. However she has seen much better days due to jealous neighbours and inconsiderate pricks out and about on the roads of my home town and I need to deal with a rather shabby front bumper. Can anyone suggest where I might be able to get hold of either a decent 2nd hand one or a new one? I have had a quote for £300 for a respray or £500 for an unpainted bumper from citroen. This is a bit of a joke seeing as if I'd had the 2015 model I could pick up a new oem bumper for £195! Cheers guys and gals,
Peace ✌
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Front bumper

Post by GiveMeABreak »

All the OEM bumpers are supplied un-primed and un-painted and there are no new bumpers at £195 from Citroen for sure!

New Citroen bumpers range in price depending on parking sensor system and headlamp system fitted and will range from £503.15 to £664.26 inc. VAT and none of these are painted.....

There is a reparability kit for the bumper at £3,593.80, but I guess you won't be wanting that.

These are new parts of course, so if it was me, I would just get it resprayed as it's the most cost-effective solution, otherwise you'll have to trawl about for the correct bumper for your car on the second hand market, bearing in mind the above being all different parts, and then you'll have to get it fitted and wired in which can be a pain.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Munch ATG
My Cars: 2013 DS4 (daily driver)
C3 Picasso (mothers taxi)
BMW 420D (a little something for the weekend)

Re: Front bumper

Post by Munch ATG »

OK cheers, that sorts that little issue out then! I may just be cleaning her up a little then seeing as I'm already paying out for the wheels reconditioned! Thanks again.
Peace ✌