Electric Vehicles-Infrastructure

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Electric Vehicles-Infrastructure

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The free Tesco 7kW chargers at TESCO Extra Kingston Park Newcastle. 4 Stalls one Occupied.
Requires download of the Pod-Point app to use but free.
temp2.png
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Now that you've told me that I need the Pod Point app to use the Tesco charger my plan goes out the window!! Another way to gather data on my whereabouts!! Not gonna happen :evil:
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Our village's small Vauxhall dealer closed when the founder owner died a few years ago, it's been run as a repair and MOT garage since then, the new owner's wife turned the showroom into a grocery shop,

The whole lot closed down a few months ago and there's been building work going on behind screens since.

It reopened yesterday as a small Co-op supermarket, has I believe six parking spaces where the petrol pumps used to be one of which has a EV charger.

https://www.midcounties.coop/legal/corp ... in-bream/
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

temp2.png
On the Left The Hyundai IoniQ charging session.
At 96% with the remaining 4% estimated to take a further 20 Minutes

On the Right the BB Leaf charging session finished as per usual at 80% (28 Mins)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

NewcastleFalcon

Tesla confirms plan to open Supercharger network to other automakers next year
The Norwegians precipitating a change :?: Vestland fylkeskommune, the governing body of Vestland county in Norway, about getting access to incentives to deploy charging stations...

“The condition for benefits is that infrastructure must be developed with a publicly available offer. Tesla applied for benefits to expand 5 fast-charging stations. Tesla’s charging stations today are just available for Tesla cars. That type of infrastructure is then only open for use by one group and not for the general public otherwise. In the application, Tesla describes the relevant charging stations will nevertheless be publicly available from the third quarter of 2022. The administration considers that the charging stations for which benefits have been applied for will then be eligible for the scheme, provided that the benefits paid out after Tesla opens the charging offer for all car brands no later than the end of September 2022. The administration recommends that Vestland County Municipality take note that the benefit can be removed if the conditions are not met.
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Exhibit A.....The Public Charger Hogger

The evidence
It only has a 64kWh battery and up to that point the driver had spent one hour 34 minutes and 50 seconds plugged into the public rapid charger and received an enormous 58.343 kWh delivered, still hadn't returned still preventing others from using the charger. It was still there when we charged up at the M&S Osprey, and probably still hadnt hit the 100% charge mark where the machine would switch off the feed to his car, and allow others to plug in.

er...the 6 minutes reported by the car is rubbish. The last 5% takes an age.
DSC00289.JPG
The hogger (who did not return in the time we could be bothered to wait)
temp2.png
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Well after presenting a positive case for the economics of the Peugeot e-2008, a cautionary tale from a driver of one at the charging point today. NHS worker with an excellent deal. NHS Fleet Solutions, and salary sacrifice schemes have been covered here, undoubtedly the cheapest way of acquiring a new electric car.

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 59#p675859

He was quite happy with the running costs...10,000 miles for £30, but quite dissatisfied with the various little niggles with the car, requiring regular sorting out, software updates, and regularly recurring and would happily change it.

Only one bloke at one charging point, but claimed others he knew were facing the same sort of annoying hassles.

YOu probably do get a better view from real drivers than all of the internet reviews from journalists put together.
DSC00327.JPG
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 22:15

You probably do get a better view from real drivers than all of the internet reviews from journalists put together.

Regards Neil
How very true, I wonder if that is because real drivers don't stand to gain anything by saying good things about a car? :)
NewcastleFalcon

Much of the info in Dave's presentation here has been scattered around, the thread here, but as ever he does an excellent job of pulling current developments all together. Battery as a Service pioneered by Renault and ditched, half heartedly tried by TESla and ditched is having a revival with NIO and Geely at scale in China, Ample in the USA in the fleet and taxi market, and is becoming de rigueur in scooters and motorcycles in the far east and India.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

mickthemaverick wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 22:20
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 22:15

You probably do get a better view from real drivers than all of the internet reviews from journalists put together.

Regards Neil
How very true, I wonder if that is because real drivers don't stand to gain anything by saying good things about a car? :)
I've said that before about the motoring press, one of the reasons the British car industry always got bad press.

Imagine the situation Volkswagen have a new model #............."Come to Berlin for a week at our expense to try our new car first class hotel all meals and outings provided.

" BL have a new model,............ "Come to Longbridge for half a day to see our new model, sandwiches provided."

Well you're not going to say the VW is expensive crap (which they are) are you. :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Got this from Shell today.
Attachments
ShellWait.jpg
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Home car charger owners urged to install updates

From The Beeb
Security researchers have discovered failings in two home electric car chargers.

The researchers were able to make the chargers switch on or off, remove the owner's access, and show how a hacker could get into a user's home network.

Most of the faults have now been fixed but owners are being told to update their apps and chargers, to be safe.
NewcastleFalcon

I am currently happy with my arrangement.

Supply wire from the Northern Power Grid, Dumb meter, Dumb Cable, Dumb-ish Granny charger, Comparatively dumb-ish car (no connectivity paid for , or activated on the car).

The major vulnerability....someone taking out Northern Powergrid.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Sounds like you have it sorted there Neil. As far as I'm concerned (Yes Marc, the paranoia runs deep :-D ) the dumber the better!! With pcs, smart TVs, smart phones, smart meters, smart fridges, smart cookers etc I wonder if our future generations will even be able to think for themselves let alone control anything!!! :?